Chapter Sixteen: Safe and sound

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malfoy's Beach House – Maldives Island – 2:30 P.M

Hermione grabbed her luggage from her bed and made her way towards door; she pulled the door open and threw her room one last look. She stepped out into the hallway and closed the door behind her gently, walking along the familiar hallway until she reached the living room. She deposited her bag on top of the couch and pulled the small velvet drawstring bag from her jean pocket; "Didi" she called out.  

Didi appeared out of the blue and smiled widely upon seeing her Mistress; "Miss called Didi?"

Hermione crouched down; "I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave."

Didi began tugging on the hem of her apron shyly; "Miss doesn't have to do that..."

Hermione smiled fondly; "But I want to and I also want to say thank you for taking good care of me" she said.

"Miss is welcome. Didi is happy to serve Miss" Didi replied bashfully.

Hermione stared at Didi for a moment before pulling her into a hug; "Thank you Didi" she said.

Didi patted Hermione's back somewhat awkwardly; "Miss is welcome" she squeaked.

Hermione chuckled and pulled away from the elf; she stood up and wiggled the drawstring bag in her hand. "Well---I have to get going now" she said.

Didi nodded; "Miss should go---Didi hopes to see Miss again" she said with a bow. 

"Me too Didi" Hermione replied. She then grabbed her bag from the couch and plucked the diamond earring from the drawstring bag; "I still can't over the fact that this earring is actually a portkey" she said.

Didi let out a chuckle.

"I'll see you again Didi, take care" Hermione said before touching her wand on the earring. "Portus"

oOo

St. Mungos, London, England – 10:45 A.M.

"You're tired, go home"

Draco's eyes snapped open and saw Theo standing by his door; "Hey---I didn't hear you coming."

Theo stepped into his friend's office and closed the door behind him; he walked towards his desk and sat down on one of the chairs. "You should go home and rest mate, you're running yourself ragged"

Draco sat straighter and cleared his throat; "I'm fine,"

Theo stared at Draco with full seriousness; "I know you don't ever want to talk about it and I'll respect that but are you really okay?"

"I'm alright Theo, no need to hover like a mother hen, Merlin's knows my mother does that every damn day."

Theo let out a sigh; "I'm just worried about you, you know. You haven't been returning my owls and every time I check on you, you're always at work. You've been working 7 straight days already, don't you think it's time to take a day off or whatever you call it?"

Draco can't help but chuckle at his friend's words; "We call it time off mate," he replied. He then let out an appeasing smile; "I haven't been replying to your owls because I've been busy with my patients, I've been gone for almost a month and I needed to check on them" he explained. "Don't worry about me, I'm not about to kill myself" he joked.