Chapter Twenty One: Ever after

"And now we're slightly weathered, we're slightly worn. Our hands grip together, eye to eye through the storm, yet I still believe in ever after with you. Coz life is a pleasure with you by my side and there ain't no current in this river we can't ride, I still believe in ever after with you..." Ever after by Bonnie Bailey

oOo

"What the bloody hell are you still doing here?! You're supposed to be at Rose Cottage!"

Hermione tore her eyes away from the parchments she's perusing and stared at her best friend; "I know but I forgot to sign this."

Harry crossed his arms on top of his chest, his brows furrowing; "Did Digby put you up to this?"

"Of course not!" Hermione replied. She then turned her attention back to the last parchment and signed it; "There, I'm done."

Harry moved towards the desk and grabbed the parchment from Hermione's hands; "I've got this, I'll take this to Digby's office. You should get back before Torry and Ginny starts hunting you down with their wands drawn."

Hermione let out a shudder; "Don't remind me"f

Harry cracked a smile; "By the way, how did you manage to escape them?" he asked curiously.

"Err-I locked them out of my room, I'm quite sure they're still trying to break through my wards."

Harry laughed jovially; "Good one Mione, good one!" he praised.

Hermione smirked; "Well, I have to go. I don't want them barging in here-"

"HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER! I can't believe you!"

Harry cringed; "Too late, they managed to track you down"

Hermione sat on her desk and groaned.

Ginny stood by the door, her hands on her hips; "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" she yelled.

Astoria threw her husband a dirty look before shifting her eyes to the brunette; "It's your wedding day in case you have forgotten."

Hermione rolled her eyes; she then stood up from her perch and grabbed her satchel from her chair. "Calm down ladies, it's only 10-we still have 7 hours."

"That's the point! We only have 7 hours left and you bolted!" Ginny exclaimed.

"And you locked us out of your room" Astoria said with a pout.

Hermione felt guilt eat at her chest upon seeing her friend's faces; "I'm sorry...I didn't leave just to hide, it's just that I forgot to sign some important documents before I took my leave yesterday."

"Cut Hermione some slack, I'm sure she didn't mean to make you worry" Harry said. He then let out a smirk; "Though if I was marrying Malfoy, I'd think about bolting too" he teased.

"Harry James Potter!" Astoria shrieked, obviously mortified with her husband's statement.

Ginny cocked her head to the side; "What's wrong with marrying Draco? He's hot, he's rich, he's smart and not to mention he's head over heels in love with Mione."

Hermione threw the red head a smile; "I'm one lucky witch, eh?"

"He's lucky too-you're both lucky" Astoria said firmly. "Now, why don't you move your pretty little arse so we could get a move on?"

Hermione pulled away from her perch and made her way towards the door; "Make sure Mr. Digby receives the documents Harry, he's waiting for that."

"I'll hand deliver it" Harry replied.