Chapter Seventeen: You give me something

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a week since Hermione came home from her vacation and everything seems to be picking up; she's able to go back to work and fell back to her old routine effortlessly. It hasn't been an easy week though; ever since Ron found out that she's back, he's been hounding her with numerous owls and even tried apparating directly into her house, much to Hermione's annoyance. So, with the help of Harry they re-established her wards to permanently bar him off her property which send the red head into frenzy. Draco on the other hand had been perfect; they've been seeing each other almost every day since she came back from Maldives. They're budding relationship has been kept under tight wraps because they both wanted to stay inside the romance bubble they surrounded themselves when they both decided to pursue each other. They didn't want to attract unnecessary attention to the both of them because the rumours about Ron's infidelity have just died down and they didn't need another breaking news to come between them.

"I was on my way to your boss' office when I saw this man lurking along the hallways, I think he's looking for you though"

Hermione tore her eyes away from the parchment she's reading and was surprised to see Harry standing beside Draco; "What are you doing here?" she asked in disbelief.

Draco smiled sheepishly; "I was summoned to do Physicals for the new recruits and I couldn't resist checking on you."

Hermione leaned back on her chair; "Really?" she asked with a small smile.

Draco smiled back; "Really"

Harry rolled his eyes before turning around; "You guys are making me sick, I'll leave you two alone" he said before walking towards the door and closing it behind him.

Draco walked towards Hermione and sat on top of her desk, facing her fully; he then crossed his arms on top of his chest and smirked. "I totally made that up, I wasn't needed here today---I just wanted to see you"

Hermione chuckled; she then stood up from her perch and stood right in front of Draco; "Slytherin, through and through" she said.

Draco pulled his arms away from his chest and wrapped it around Hermione's waist, pulling her closer; "I missed you" he said.

Hermione smiled affectionately while wrapping her arms around his neck; "But we just had dinner last night"

"But that was last night, today is a different day" Draco quipped.

"You have a point" Hermione said thoughtfully.

Draco tightened his arms around her waist and planted a soft kiss on Hermione's forehead; "How's your day so far?"

Hermione closed her eyes; "It's hectic but I'm thriving. How about you?" she asked.

"Pretty much the same"

Hermione opened her eyes and tilted her face; "Are we still on for tonight? Astoria is excited about having us for dinner"

Draco smiled; "I wouldn't miss it for the world" he replied. He then paused and pulled his arms away; "I almost forgot"

"Forgot what?" Hermione asked.

Draco stuffed his hand inside his pocket and plucked a single white button; he placed it on top of his open palm and smiled. "I got you something"

Hermione shifted her eyes on Draco's palm and blinked a couple of times; "You got me a button?" she asked while pulling away.

"Blow" Draco instructed.