Chapter Two: Bust the windows of your car

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione ran towards the lift and pressed the call button repeatedly. When the doors opened, she quickly scrambled inside and stabbed the close icon with force. She moved to the corner and leaned her back on the cold wall, "I'm so stupid....very stupid..." she told herself over and over. The lift jerked to a halt and the door chimed open. She composed herself before she hastily made her way to the Atrium, not paying attention to her surroundings.

"Hermione!"

Hermione stopped in her tracks, her eyes starting to well with tears again. "Bugger," she cursed when she recognized the voice.

"Hermione!"

She wiped her face and pasted a smile on her face before turning around,"Ginny."

Ginny threw herself at her best friend and hugged her tightly, "It's been months! I've missed you!" she gushed excitedly. She pulled away with a huge smile, but kept her in arms length, "How have you - are you crying?" she asked, her smiled replaced with a frown.

Hermione shook her head, "No, I'm just tired. I missed you too," she replied with a weary smile.

Ginny studied her best friend's expression; "Something happened, what is it?"

Hermione bit her lower lip to control the wobbling; "I'm fine Gin, I'm just feeling a little bit under the weather, don't mind me," she lied.

"I know you Hun, tell me what happened," Ginny insisted, her voice full of concern.

Hermione was about to respond, but paused when she noticed familiar ginger haired man exiting the lift. Her heart started hammering inside her chest as flashes of what she heard a couple of minutes ago came into the fore front of her mind. She felt her lungs burn with the loss of oxygen as her vision began to blur. She grabbed Ginny's arm in panic and bowed her head down, thinking that it would clear the dark spots that's clouding her eyes.

"What are you--"

Hermione's eyes rolled at the back of her head as she crumpled unconscious on the ground.

"Hermione!" Ginny screamed in horror.

oOo

St. Mungos:

"What the hell happened?"

Ginny's head snapped towards the voice; "Harry!"

Harry walked towards the red haired woman and stood beside the bed. He studied his best friend's pale face and turned towards Ginny; "Gin, what happened?" he asked.

"I really don't know. We were talking for a couple of minutes and she just fainted," Ginny explained worriedly.

Harry sighed and sat at the foot of the bed.

"Do you know if she has any problems? Because when I saw her this afternoon, her face was blotchy and her eyes we're swollen," Ginny asked.

"I also don't know. We just had lunch earlier and everything seems to be alright," Harry replied. He then surveyed the surroundings and frowned; "Where's your brother? He's supposed to be here," he said.

Ginny rolled her eyes and folded her arms on top of her chest, "I don't know where that prick is! I already sent him an owl hours ago and he's still not here!" she replied.