Chapter Eight: Just give it time

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malfoy's Beach House – Maldives Island – 10:00  A.M

Hermione woke up with the fresh scent of coffee wafting inside her room; she yawned sleepily and stretched her arms upward. Once the kinks are gone, she threw her blankets off her body and sat up; her eyes wandering inside her room, looking for the culprit of her awakening.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!"

Hermione's eyes widen upon hearing the voice; she hastily scampered towards the side of the bed and snatched her wand from the side table. "Didi?" she called out.

The tiny elf appeared right at her side and bowed; "Miss is awake, did Miss have good sleep? Did Miss see the breakfast that Didi made?" she asked brightly.

"Didi, I—I heard a voice—"

"MOTHER!!!"

Hermione stop mid-question and turned her gaze towards her bedroom door; she gripped her wand tightly in her hands as she stood up.

Didi winced and tried to pull on Hermione's left pant leg; "Didi is sorry Miss, but young master seems to be in a bad mood" she said apologetically.

Hermione frowned; "What do you mean young master? I thought I was alone here?" she asked suspiciously.

Didi immediately began hitting her head on the bedpost; "I am sorry Miss...Didi was not supposed to tell!" she wailed.

Hermione crouched down and pulled on the elf's shoulder, keeping her from bashing her head further.
"Stop that Didi, I forbid you to hurt yourself!" she said.

The elf stopped struggling; she turned her tear-stricken face to Hermione and sniffed; "Didi is a bad elf. Didi should punish herself" she sobbed.

"Well I am your Miss for now so you better follow what I say"

Didi sniffed again and started to look at her feet.

Hermione sat on her haunches on the floor and crossed her arms on top of her chest; "Now Didi, as you're Miss, I want you to tell me who are you referring to as young master? And how did he get here? I thought I only have access to this place for the time being?" she asked. 

Didi began fumbling with her hands; she was about to answer when a loud bang resounded inside the house.

"IF THERE IS ANY ELF HERE OR GOBLIN OR WHATEVER MOTHER EMPLOYED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS BLASTED HOUSE I COMMAND YOU TO SHOW YOURSELF TO ME!"

Hermione scowled; "The young master you're referring to is quite a character, aye?" she huffed.

Didi winced; "Didi must show herself to young master, Didi is suppose to answer to her master. Please Miss, don't leave this room. Didi will go to young master" she pleaded.

Hermione stood up; "I can't let you do that alone! What if he hurts you?" she said.

Didi let out a little smile; "Don't worry for Didi Miss, young master won't hurt me. He is good" she said.

Another door slummed shut inside the house; "If that's your only basis of good, I doubt your judgement!" Hermione snapped.

"IS ANYBODY HERE?? I COMMAND YOU TO SHOW YOURSELF!"