''May as well take my chance.''

''Just breathe Emily, just breathe.'' I kept mumbling to myself, pacing backwards and forwards. Everyone was either lined up wearing a blue silk cape with a matching hat or sitting in one of the white, wooden chairs waiting for their relative/friend to walk onto the stage. For some reason the principle wanted me to do a speech along with two other students...the second one was finishing up. All I wanted was to walk out there and see two people- my dad and Peter. His like my personal bipolar lucky charm. Whenever his around either good things happen or bad and sometimes maybe both. 

''Good luck.'' The ginger small girl gave me thumbs up as I prepared my self, straightening my dress out and checking my hair quickly. My heels clicked onto the hard floor whilst I made my way to the microphone stand placed straight in the middle. Everyone was smiling and some were even crying at their little babies growing up. My eyes scanned the crowd for Peter though he wasn't there. Spider man business probably as usual. I took a deep breath.

''When we were younger we were asked about what we wanted to be when we were older. We all said stuff like, a movie star or pop star... in my case it was a famous dancer but that didn't work out.'' The crowd slightly laughed. ''A friend of mine once told me, 'choose your own life.' and I never thought that four small words could change my life. That's what people should be telling us. Not what do we want to be but what we will be. You can only get through life if your happy with it and the only way to do that is to choose your own life. Don't let people tell you what to do, do what you like. Only you can change it so that's what I will always say. Choose your own life.'' 

Even though it was a small speech everyone stood up in a standing ovation. I caught my dad's tearful eyes. He clapped and smiled at me. 

''I'm proud of you.'' He mouthed to me. I felt like someone had just given me an oscar award. 

''Now I would like to present you with the class of 2014.'' The principle had made it onto the stage and begun to hand out diplomas. Suddenly a tall brown haired boy ran beside the stage just in time. 

''Emily Walker.'' My name echoed through the microphone and some people in the crowd clapped or cheered. I turned to shake Mr Cooke's hand as he passed me the roll of paper that I had been waiting for since I got here. 

''Peter Parker.'' He called next. Peter stood in a daze but soon snapped out of it and ran onto the stage with all his energy. I stood still next to the other speech givers along with the principle who then proceeded to hand Peter his diploma. 

''May as well take my chance.'' Peter breathed walking towards me with a cheeky game face. I looked around to see if he was talking to me which was stupid. He held my shoulder and back softly and tilted me downwards in a dip and let his lips connect with mine. Electric shocks ran through my body whilst the fireworks returned in my stomach. The audience were cheering, clapping and wolf whistling as we ended. I stood straight as Peter casually walked off stage. I looked into the crowd to see my dad laughing and Peter's aunt surprised. I'm also pretty sure the principle was smiling too.

~5 minutes later

''Hey kid!'' Dad walked over to me when the ceremony ended. I grinned and entered his warm hug. ''There's someone else here to see you.'' He stepped behind me.

        ''Mom?''