''We are just friends.''

I wasted no time burying her in a hug whilst she laughed at my probably priceless face; showing off her perfect set of teeth. 

''Oh look at you!'' She cupped my face. ''My baby's growing up.'' Tears brimmed her eyes. I hadn't seen my mum in what feels like forever though I certainly didn't expect for her to be here. 

''My make up.'' Mum playfully groaned however her make up was still perfect as always. My mum had always been my modelling inspiration. When I was younger she used to take me to random stores and we'd have a mini fashion show in the changing rooms.

''At least you still have your hair, Grace.'' My dad laughed so did she. 

''Well I'd be nothing without this dress, John!'' She dramatically sighed before they both burst out in laughter. Many parents began to look but I didn't care. It was as if nothing had happened between them, it was perfect... they were perfect. 

''I can see where Emy gets her looks from.'' Peter walked towards us; more over to me. My dad chuckled as my mum looked over to me. Oh no, I knew that look. When ever a cute guy comes around my mum always assumes the worst.

''Oh my. You never told me you had a-'' I interrupted her quickly, ''No! No. We are just friends.'' Peter shoes suddenly became interesting for him for he stared at the floor feeling just as awkward as I was though when he looked back up, he stared into the distance with wide eyes. Some thing was bothering him. Mum immediately nodded to show she understood. 

After everyone had met each other, Peter turned to me with those dreamy brown eyes that sparkle in the sun. Oh my god- I sound like a 13 year old girl talking about her crush. I felt like it too. 

''You want to go for a walk?'' He grinned.

        ''Why not?''