''Guys suck.''

''Sweetie, are you okay?'' My mum softly pouted as I slammed the front door. Honestly, I didn't want to talk about it plus what was I going to say: ''Oh yeah mum,  My ex-boyfriend is spider man and my dead best friend is torturing him. It's all good.'' And walk away? It didn't work like that. She called out my name once or twice until my dad told her to let it go. He was used to this sort of thing. When me and Peter first broke up, he was the only one too help me through it. Of course I had other friends but they weren't close enough to me to understand. 

''Emily?...'' I heard a knock at my door whilst I sank head first into my pillow. One part of me was curious to what they wanted and the other part wanted to throw a pillow at the door like in the movies. But of course my curiosity got the best of me. 
''Come in.'' My croaky voice called out to my mum before she shuffled in awkwardly. Her green eyes peered down at me, placing a hand softly on my back in comfort. 

''Guys suck. I would know.'' Her soft laugh filled the silence. Mum laid down on my bed next to me- probably ready to have a very long discussion about her love life more than mine. I looked at her for a moment and could feel the warm, wet tears fill up my eyes.
''It's not like that. We want to be together...'' She looked curious yet upset at the same time. ''But we can't.'' I decided to continue. 

''We love each other, badly. I just don't understand how he could let one little thing get in the way of that. I don't know maybe he feels guilty about it? Whatever I do I just cannot seem to get him out of my head. Over the summer I had dated other boys but it just doesn't seem right. Sure, he had a secret though we worked past them before. This time he just feels like it's different though it's not. He feels like WE'RE different though we're not. He tells me almost everyday he loves me then when he finally almost got me back- he ruined it!'' I couldn't believe I had just said all of that in front of her though she didn't seem to mind. 

''Maybe his just scared about something. Boys always do it. Especially if they don't want to hurt you.'' Hurt me. That's what Peter had said earlier. Would there ever come a time where he would have to choose between me and something else? I wonder who he'd choose. Or would he be the hero again and save both of us...or lose both of us. To be honest, I had many near-death experiences with Peter though I never thought about if it wasn't near to death but actually it! What if I did get hurt? What if I did die? Either way I just want Peter to be there when it happens and for him to be the last thing I see.

But what if I don't get hurt? What if I survive? What would I call our children? Where would our wedding be? Emily Parker. Sounds nice. I smiled to myself at the thought. Just because his the hero doesn't mean he has to save you if you don't need saving! Nothing is going to happen to you Emily! 

My mum was half way out the door by now- leaving me to my thoughts. I peered up at her to see her staring at something.
''I like your necklace.'' She walked out. My eyes glanced down whilst my hands fiddled with a necklace...Alice's necklace.