Chapter 5

School. Sigh. I don't want to go but I have too, for Dad. I will never forget the day dad told me to finish school. Those last words. His last words.

FLASHBACK

He's laying in a hospital bed. Tears are falling from my mother's eyes, and I'm just sitting here holding his hands, a frown plastered on my face. Mum can't stop crying and I joined her too. "Daddy, don't leave us." I cried.

"Honey, please don't." my mum cries and lay her head on dad's chest. I felt daddy's fingers move.

"Mum, dad's fingers move." mum lifted her head and she held dad's hands. "Daddy? dad, please open your eyes, say something." I sniff. Dad slowly opened his eyes and he says something I couldn't hear.

"What did you say, honey?" mum asked wiping her tears away.

"Jade, will you promise me something?" dad said.

"What is it, daddy?"

"If I don't make it-"

"Honey, don't say that! please." mum cried. She can't accept that dad will die, and I can't too. It's hard for the both of us. Dad is always there for us, he always make us happy he's like my bestfriend too, a bestfriend I could not accept losing.

"Let me finish, Carolina." dad said. "Promise me, Jade that you'll find a perfect guy when you grow older, and f-finish you-your sc-school." and that's it, his eyes closed and he dropped his hands and I cried.

END OF FLASHBACK

As I remembered that memory I didn't know tears we're falling. My dad, was a great man, a great friend, a great father. I still can't believe he died and I don't know why I kept having this flashbacks. I don't even know why my own mum left me. For God's sake I was only nine.

"Jade, you and Perrie will be late!" Jesy called. I wiped my tears and went out the room, I can smell the aroma of Bacon, the hot cocoa, and French toast. "Glad you're awake." she smiled.

"Smells good," I said. "Jesy, I just love your cooking." I praised. I placed the Bacon into my plate along with the French toast, Jesy poured me the hot cocoa and I thank her.

"Jade, you still haven't taken a bath yet." Jess said, like a mum. Perrie and I laughed at her.

"I will take a bath after this, mum." I laughed and she rolled her eyes at me, a smirk on her face.

I finished my breakfast and went to the shower. After I showered I went out and look through my closet. Jeans, jeans, jeans, skirt, skirt, jeans. What should I wear? a skirt? Psshh.. Maybe I can wear that but.. nah.

"Jess do you think I should wear a skirt?" I yelled.

"Yes!" she yelled back, well, okay. I grab the mint green skirt and my plain white T-shirt. I wear it and grab my white flat shoes. I grab my bag and went out of my room.

"OoLa-la. Someone looks cute today." Leigh said.

"Ha-ha. Very funny, Leigh." she chuckled. Perrie and I said goodbye to Leigh and Jess and went out the apartment. We waited for the bus going to school.

"I'm so excited, Jade!" Perrie exclaimed. "I'm totally gonna meet Zayn Malik!" Perrie, Perrie.

"And I'm gonna meet Louis Tomlinson." I giggled. "Perrie, if you were given a chance to meet someone back in the past who would it be?" I asked.

"I want to meet my dad. I haven't seen him, ever since I was born." she said a smile was replaced by a frown.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said. I shouldn't have asked that.

"How 'bout you, Jade?"

"I don't know." I heard her say 'oh' and I just nod. The bus has arrived. The bus going to school. The bus going to hell.