E I G H T

"Kimmy! Wake up!"

Huh? I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. Where am I? I looked around and recognized my room in his house. But how did I get here? The last thing I remembered was... What was the last thing?

Xavier.

I jumped out of my bed and into the bathroom. To be honest, I was scared to look into the mirror but I needed to know.

Scared I looked at my neck and it broke my heart. My whole neck was plastered with hickeys. And not those beautiful ones you want from your boyfriend. No. They were almost black, so dark red that it seemed black.

And when I lifted my top, I saw that my whole upper body was plastered with these ugly hickeys. I quickly covered them with the top and rushed into the closet to find a scarf. It covered all hickeys on my neck and so I made my way downstairs.

"You need to control him around her!", Kody shouted "You know what she is to me! Even when I can't tell her".

"I can't control him around her! When he sees her, he just wants to mark her already!" Chance said in a almost crying voice "It hurts when I see what he wants to do! And I hope he did nothing too bad to her".

"What would you call bad?", I stepped into the room and both boys looked at me shocked. But what surprised me was that Kody hugged me so tight and whispered "I was so worried, little K" I took a step back.

The only person who called me that was my big brother, but he left when I was ten years old and the only thing I knew was that he got in prison while that. And he was sixteen then. So he must be 23 now? And his name was not Kody, or?

"I see, I shouldn't have used that nickname. Sorry! I am not your brother but I am a good friend of him. He misses you!", Kody smiled at me and hugged me again "I will leave you two alone, I guess" and with that he walked out.

"What was that?", I mumbled confused but decided to think about that later since Chance was also in this room.

He looked right into my eyes when I looked at him and suddenly I was in his arms "I am so so sorry, baby!"

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his torso "It's okay"

This feeling I got when I hugged him was so much. I felt so safe and loved that I couldn't believe that Xavier also was him.

He pulled away and looked me up and down "Why do you hide your whole body? What did I do?" He looked so worried that I just shook my head "Not you. Xavier"

"So he told you his name? He never did that before", he shook his head in amusement.

I grabbed Chance's head and looked at him "Who or what is he?"

"That's a story for later, honey!", he smiled at me and wanted to walk out.

"No! I heard that you talked about mates and marking! Tell me everything!", I ran after him into his bedroom.

Chance gestured to his bed and I sat down "So?"

"Please don't freak out", he sat down next to me and looked at the wall so I mumbled an 'ok'.

"So I am not a werewolf. I'm a hybrid. My father was a werewolf. He was the leader, the so called king, of all werewolves of the world. And his mate made him even stronger. My mother, his mate, was a vampire. The princess. So I am a hybrid, half werewolf, half vampire", he took my hand and I took our hands on my lap and waited for him to continue.

"Werewolves have a mate, chosen by the moon godess. She chooses who she thinks will be perfect for them. Mostly they get other werewolves as mates. This mates are soulmates. The other half of each other. When one dies, the other one will suffer. And wolves mostly get possessive over their mate, they also want that their mate is happy and they would never hurt them. But vampires are different", I kissed his hand "Like Xavier?" I asked.