A Miracle No One Foresaw

Naruto opened his eyes suddenly as if he just awoke from a nightmare, but instead all he could see was white. He then screamed in fright all the while wondering where he was, thus alerting the nurse passing by his room.

A nurse passing by saw the blond awake and called for the head medic, Megumi, to come see what was happening. The woman was at the door in seconds and witnessed the blond kicking the sheats off the bed.

Megumi ordered the nurse to call the Hokage back to the hospital before approaching the boy to explain what happened since he lost consciousness.

"Uzumaki-san, please calm down, my name is Megumi and you're at Konoha Public Hospital", said Megumi. The blond relaxed somewhat. That explained all the white he saw.

"Why am I in the hospital? What happened to me? Why can't I see anything?", asked Naruto.

"Your eyes were damaged beyond repair in a fight so we had to replace them in transplant surgery. You also suffered of chakra exhaustion. You were out for a week and 3 days. Everything else will be explained once the Hokage arrives. Here, let me undo your bandages."

When the healer undid the bandages around Naruto's head she got the shock of her life.

In place of Kasumi Hyūga's eyes that were a greyish white color when implanted into Naruto's sockets were a different pair of eyes. One eye was purple with multiple circle in a wave like pattern while the other was a light blue color surrounded by a blue and white flower-like iris. They appeared to be some type of dojutsu. But that was impossible and couldn't have happened.

Meanwhile, the blond was looking at Megumi, wondering why she looked so shocked.

"Ah excuse me, but what did you do to my eyes?", asked Naruto, feeling a little worried about the look of shock on the medic's face. The woman simply could not understand how Naruto managed to awake the doujutsu, even though he had an Hyūga's eyes.

"Sorry Uzumaki-san, but I'll have to wait for the Hokage to arrive before I can explain what happened to your eyes, you're free to look at them though. Here take this mirror," said the medic before she rushed out and made sure no one else stepped into the room.

After grabbing the mirror and placing it in front of his face Naruto paled instantly.

Naruto was so engrossed with his new strange eyes that he didn't even notice that the Hokage was at the door, but Megumi did and hurredly rushed the Hokage out of the door way and into an empty room some doors down.

"Hokage-sama, as informed, the surgery was successful and the eyes were securely implanted. However, the most unusual thing happened and I guess you should take a look yourself sir", said Megumi. The Hokage nodded with apprehension  and left to see Naruto.

When Naruto's eyes appeared in his eyesight, the Hokage saw, what was assured by the head doctor and the Hyūga, to be an impossible occurrence.

There in front of him was two legendary dojutsu, the Tenseigan and the Rinnegan.

Meanwhile, Naruto was now out of his self-induced coma and waited for someone to come explain all of this to him. All he knew was that his old eyes were damaged and it was replaced by these new ones.

Soon the Hokage came back into the room.

"What is going on with me!", shouted Naruto.

"Hello, Naruto-kun," spoke the Hokage.

"Hey old man what is with the long face", joked Naruto seeing.

The Hokage quickly pulled himself back together and then gave Naruto a warm, soft smile.

"Sorry Naruto-kun, I just surprised is all. The fact that you managed to not only activate the Byakugan and Sharingan, but also evolve the two dojutsu is something short of a miracle. I know you don't know how to use chakra and you obviously don't know the beginner hand signs to activated the Byakugan or Sharingan, so this shocks me", said the Hokage as he pulled a chair over to Naruto's bedside.

Naruto started to flail his hands about foolishly for a moment before saying "I don't know! I just looked into a mirror the healer gave me only to find these! Now everything is weird. It's all so confusing", spoke Naruto as he looked around.

"Interesting, it is probably due to a rush of adrenaline and you're above average chakra reserves. If you simply calm down and try to pull the chakra away from your eyes they will most likely deactivate", spoke the Hokage as he looked at the boy.

Naruto nodded his head and began to concentrate. He took a deep calming breathes over and over again. Slowly he felt himself calming down and all the tense muscles in his body relaxing. He could actually see a blue substance in his body start to calm down and flow more naturally before his eyes lost the ability to see it and his sight went back to normal.

"Better now?", asked the Hokage seeing that the Tenseigan and Rinnegan had deactivated and Naruto's new eyes turned back to its regular greyish white color. He was proud that the calming exercises that he had taught Naruto were paying off.

"Naruto-kun, how do you feel?", asked the Hokage. Naruto just looked at him and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay I guess. I mean two weeks ago I was a nobody with no ninja abilities, now I have some some super eye powers", answered Naruto.

"Dojutsu, Naruto, that is the proper term for the new abilities that you now posses. The dojutsu that you posses is called the Rinnegan and Tenseigan. The purple one is the Rinnegan and the blue one is the Tenseigan", explained the Hokage.

"Naruto, your new abilities should be kept secret from the rest of the village until you can get a handle on your new abilities."

He continued while holding up a hand to stop any outbursts from Naruto .

"You must understand if enemy-nin from other villages hear about your new abilities then they will try to take advantage of your enexperiene and will try kidnap just like the ninja from Kumo tried to do with the Hyūga heiress only this time even more will come for you because of how rare and legendary your new abilities are. This could put Konoha as a whole in danger, not just you. Do you under stand?"

Naruto pouted for a minute or two before giving the Hokage a proper answer.

"Yes Jiji, I understand" answered Naruto.

"Thank you, Naruto-kun", said Sarutobi while leaning forward to give the child a hug.

Before he left he informed that Hinata would be visiting him later on to thank him for saving her.

The Hokage left the room and returned to Megumi.

"Megumi-san, how did this happen? I assured me this couldn't happen," said the Hokage.

"I honestly don't know sir. My only guess could be his "tenant" messing with his DNA to make it all possible," said the medic.

Sarutobi sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "However he got these abilities I want this kept a secret. Who else knows about this?"

"Besides you, me, and Naruto, no one sir. I made sure no one went into your room until you arrived," answered the medic.

"Good," said the Hokage.

He thanked her for her help before leaving the hospital.

Neither of them knew that a nurse had been at Naruto's door to see Megumi unwrapping the boy's bandages and seeing his eyes. Afterwards the nurse left quickly to tell others what she had seen.