Suprise Adoption

"Hokage-sama, I would like to request that my clan be allowed to raise the boy,"  Hiashi asked as soon as the door closed behind the last member.

"I would also like to request guardianship of the boy," Fuguka said  while glaring at Hiashi.

The Hokage could hardly believe his ears. Both wanted to adopt Naruto Uzumaki and sensing the tension between the two he would say they both wanted the boy quite badly.

"Well then, explain to me, without saying a word about the other clan, why I should let Naruto-kun into your care," said Sarutobi after a long pause of thought.

Both of them wanted Naruto very badly so they complied quickly. Hiashi and Fuguka both gave a nod.

"I will go first," said Hiashi. "First off, I would like to specify that the Hyuuga clan has many children around his age that Naruto would be able to grow up with. We are one of the most prestigious clans of Konoha and we train, at a young age. Children intending to become ninja even train before their time at the academy. He would have a huge advantage over others as he still has time to train before attending the academy. Also the Tenseigan is connected only to the Byakugan so only the Hyuuga would be able to aid Naruto in his training in that dojutsu."

Hiashi crossed his arms, his speech finished. Fuguka in turn began his own speech.

"The Uchiha clan runs the police force of the village and would keep Naruto safe," began the Uchiha head. "We also have our own style of training and fighting. Also, need I remind you, the Rinnegan is connected to the history of the Sharingan specifically so my clan has texts and scrolls pertaining to the Rinnegan that no other clans have that would aid Naruto's training in the future," Fugaku made his point smirking.

Sarutobi sat back in his chair, smoking his pipe. It would do him well to let Fuguka have guardianship. Tension from his clan had been rising lately. The Uchiha felt that they were being cheated unfairly. This would appease them. But this would anger the Hyuuga as they felt that they still had a debt to repay the boy and now with this dojutsu business... He blew the smoke, his eyes closed, before opening them again.

"I have come to a decision. Both of your clans shall adopt the boy, as a joint custody of sorts" he said with finality.

The two clan heads looked at him sharply.

"What? How?" they asked.

"Easy realy. Both clans will get to care for him on different months. Naruto will stay with the Hyuuga for the first 6 months of a year and then he will stay with the Uchiha for the other remaining 6 months. Be careful to what either of you tell or teach the boy, because I will be watching over him very closely. I'm doing all of this to prevent clan rivalry and to give Naruto a happy home. If he is ever pressured in any way to choose between clans he will be taken from your custody. And then, punishment will be administered. I love that boy dearly so both of you would do well to not disappoint me."

The Hyuga and Uchiha bowed before leaving the office.

"So…who in your clan will care for him?" asked Fugaku curiously to Hiashi.

"My brother, head of the branch family, since I already have two children of my own," he answered.

"Interesting choice. I myself and my wife will be raising Naruto as my oldest child is practicly grown in terms of intelligence and skill and can very well take care of himself. Just know that if you ever try to put a curse seal on him there will be hell to pay," stated the Uchiha.

"Of course. If you ever try seperate him further from us, expect retaliation all the same," replied Hiashi not at all moved by the threat.

"Agreed," said Fugaku smirking the whole time.

"This shall be very interesting."

"Indeed."