Settling in With the Hyūga

After dinner ended Fugaku had Itachi escort Naruto to the Hyūga compound.

When they arrived there was a young man outside waiting for them. Itachi bid him a final farewell before leaving.

After the Uchiha left the young man inroduced himself. "Greeting Naruto-san, my name is Tokuma and I will be your caretaker for when your adopted father Hizashi is conducting business."

The next hour saw Naruto getting a tour around the compound and a speech on how the Hyūga lived and what their expectations were

"We Hyūga are a powerful clan that are split into two houses, the main house and the branch house. We have our dojutsu the byakugan which we use to perform our taijutsu form called the Gentle Fist (Jūken). We keep our taijutsu form a secret that stays within the clan, but even if we didnt one can't truly learn and master the jūken without being able to use the byakugan."

Naruto just nodded along.

"Now seeing as it is getting late I'll take you to your room."

The room was on the main house side but further away from all the other rooms.

"This room used to belong to Kasumi, the one who gave you your new eyes. You will find that the room is already furnished and everything you will need is in there as he has left you everything he owned. Your belongings from your old apartment have also been moved here," Tokuma said as he ushered Naruto inside.

The room was indeed already furnished with a simple bed, bed side table, dresser with a mirror attached, and a small bookshelf filled with books.

All of his belongings were there as well which wasn't much to begin with, just his frog wallet, a few blank scrolls, and all of his pranking materials in a sack. They must've not looked in the sack, otherwise they might have thrown the materials out.

When he looked in the closet all he found was different sets of yukatas either the color white or black, black sandals, and black training outfits. But where were his old clothes?

"Where are all my old outfits?"

"Your clothes were found to be unbefitting of a hyūga to wear so they were thrown out," Tokuma responded.

"Nani! I liked those clothes! What was wrong with them?!" Naruto yelled in shock.

"Naruto-san you must understand if you want to be a ninja you will have to learn to blend in. The clothes you had stood out, especially the orange," Tokuma said, trying to reason with him.

"Also the yukatas will give you more range of motion to move around so you will need to wear them to help you learn jūken. You can start to wear different types of clothing when you are older and have learned the basics of jūken," said Tokuma.

Naruto pouted. He liked those clothes. Now he had to wear dresses, but if it helped him learn then it couldn't be all that bad. "Alright, I'll wear them."

Tokuma smiled slightly. "Thank you for your cooperation Naruto-san. Now please get some sleep, you have a busy day tommorow."

Naruto complied and went straight to bed, excited to start his ninja training.

The next day Naruto woke up bright and early and met Tokuma at his door dressed in a black yukata shirt with black pants that stopped short of his ankles ready to go.

"Come with me Naruto-san, you have a busy day today. After breakfast you will have a meeting with Hizashi and Hiashi-sama. while you are there rember to refer to Hiashi as Hiashi-sama."

Naruto had a quick breakfast with Tokuma before following him to Hiashi's office.

When they arrived Hiashi rose along with a man who looked to be his twin to greet them. "Good morning Naruto-san. Tokuma you may take your leave."

Tokuma gave him a curt nod before leaving.

Once Tokuma left Hiashi resumed. "Naruto this is my brother Hizashi. He is the head of the branch house. He will be the one to care for you while you stay in the compound."

Hizashi stepped forward and shook his hand before resting it on his shoulder. "Naruto-san, welcome to the clan and family. You may refer to me as father if you so choose."

Naruto nodded. "Yes otousan." He was happy to be accepted into this family as well, but he thought it would be weird having two fathers.

Hizashi gave him a small smile before explaining things to him further. "I also have a son named Neji who is a year older than you. While Tokuma trains you Neji will be your sparring partner. I will assist you in your training from time to time to test your skills."

Naruto nodded in understanding.

Hiashi spoke up. "Naruto you have a lot of training ahead of you. We have studied the scrolls pertaining to the tenseigan to work out how you will be trained. You see there are differences between the byakugan and tenseigan."

Hizashi took over. "For now you will just practice activating the tenseigan and learning the jūken katas. You will also be looking over the scrolls about the tenseigan. Once you have learned the basics you will use the tenseigan to further your training in the jūken and start learning different techniques. You will have to play catch up with other hyūga children since we typically start their training  at the age of 5 so you are a year behind."

Hiashi continued from there. "You will also be learning proper etiquette, history of the clan, as well as the training a child would usually start learning once they entered the ninja academy. We like our children to begin the academy already trained and knowing what is expected of them."

Naruto groaned internally. This sounded like a lot. What the heck was etiquette?

"Do you understand Naruto?" Hiashi asked, regaining his attention.

"Yes Hiashi-sama."

"Very good, I'll call Tokuma back to take you to the training room to begin."

Once Tokuma came back, Hiashi and Hizashi bid him farewell and Tokuma took Naruto with him.

"Alright Naruto, it's time to begin your training. Hiashi-sama has graciously accepted you into our clan. The Hyūga Clan is one of the most respected clans in Konoha. I am going to teach you to become a ninja worthy of Konoha and the pride of the Hyūga Clan."

"I'm gonna be a ninja! Believe it!" Naruto yelled, pumping his fist into the air.

Tokuma just knew that lectures would be tricky for Naruto. The boy radiated joy and endless energy. Perhaps Neiji-san could be a positive influence on the boy as his older brother and get him to behave as a hyūga should.

"Yes, you will be a great ninja."

Once they reached the training room Tokuma had Naruto remove his sandals and brang him to the middle of the room before settling into a jūken stance.

"We will start the with jūken katas. Now Naruto, I want you to follow and copy my movements as I move."

Naruto did so.