A Fight Between Brothers

Although having two families, or better yet two clans, that took care Naruto was great it came with its fair share of problems.

Naruto had virtually no time to himself. He always had a parent checking in on him. If his parents weren't there then his caretaker,  Tokuma, or older brother, Itachi, would be taking care of him. If they weren't around then either Neji, Hinata, or Sasuke would be with him either for training or just to spend time with him.

With all the training he had to do with the two clans he rarely got anymore pranking done or time to just play.

Another thing that bothered him was that he was always being told what to do by adults. It was frustrating really. Before his adoption no one but the Hokage seemed to care about him and what he did so he was left to his own devices.

Naruto kept his complaints to himself though. This is what he had always wanted. To have a family and never be alone. To be cared for and loved. Now he had all that and more. He had two powerful clans who made it their priority to protect and raise him. They were both wealthy clans and he was connected to both their clan heads so he wanted for nothing. No more searching through trash cans for food and begging for scraps.

He was brought out of his own deep thoughs by his brother, Sasuke.

"Naruto, wanna go to the park?"

"Yeah, I could use a break." Naruto replied.

As they walked there Sasuke asked him a question.

"Hey, whose your favorite brother? Me or Itachi?"

"Well I can't choose favorites between my three brothers."

"Three?"

"Yeah, Neji is my brother too,  remember him? He came to my party. He was the one with the long loose ponytail."

Sasuke scowled at the mention of the Hyūga clan. He had barely noticed Neji at Naruto's party as he stayed to the side with Itachi preferring to talk instead of play. Acting like he was too mature and grown up to play with them when in truth he wasn't that much older than them. He reminded him him of Itachi. Too grown for his own good.

Sasuke didn't like that he had to share Naruto with Neji and the Hyūga clan.

When Naruto left to spend time with his other clan Sasuke was left on his own since Itachi was always busy and his parents had grown up stuff to do.

Sasuke shook his head. "Whatever let's go to the playground."

They had a break today so they could do anything they wanted as long as they stayed out of trouble.

"Okay". Naruto responded.

They went to go get Mikoto's permission before going.

When they arrived they were treated by the sight of their friends along with three new occupants.

"Hinata! Neji!" Naruto shouted waving his hands above his head

Hinata turned her head in his direction and gave him a soft smile.

She was over by the swings pushing her little sister.

When Naruto attempted to move from Sasuke's side to get closer to them Sasuke's grip on him tightened.

Naruto winced a little and turned to Sasuke. "Sasuke let go please."

"Why are you trying to go over to them? They had plenty of time to play with you when you stayed with them. Now it's my turn."

"Unhand him. He obviously wants to get away from you." Neji stated as he strode up to them.

"Stay out of this." Sasuke said with gritted teeth.

"Sasuke how about we all just-"

"You think your better than me?" Sasuke asked Neji, ignoring Naruto.

"Well it goes without saying, but obviously."

Sasuke growled and settled into a fighting stance.

"Guys!"

"No need to worry Naruto. I will put him down quickly." Neji said, settling in a juken stance.

Sasuke rushed forward while Neji dashed at him with his palm held out.

Hinata's caretaker appeared seemingly out of nowhere clutching Neji's wrist to prevent him from striking Sasuke while Mikoto had Sasuke held back with a firm grip on the back of his collar.

"What is going on here?" She asked loudly.

"They are trying to take Naruto away from me."

"Naruto is apart of their clan as well. You must learn must make peace with that. Just as he is your brother so is he to Neji."

"But-"

"But nothing. We talked about this already. Throwing a tantrum won't change anything."

"I am sorry for Sasuke's outburst Tokuma-san."

"Think nothing of it Mikoto-san."

Tokuma gathered up the the Hyūga children while Mikoto gathered Naruto and Sasuke and they went their separate ways.

Sasuke kept his head down and Naruto glanced at him every now and then.

Many hours later and well into the night Sasuke heard a soft knock at his door.

"Sasuke?"

"Come in. What are you doing up Naruto?"

"Same as you. Thinking about earlier today." The blonde answered.

"I know I looked foolish out there trying to pick a fight. I heard enough of that from mom."

"Sasuke, no matter what you'll always be my brother. No matter how far apart we are. Even if we were in different countries, I'd never forget about you. Before I lived with you guys I was all alone with no family to speak of. Now I have so many friends and family. Its all I ever wanted."

Sasuke thought about that from time to time. A smaller, unhealthy version of Naruto trekking throught the streets. All sad and alone with no one to care for him and no place to call his home. It made him want to cry. It was selfish of him to try and keep Naruto to himself when Naruto needed and deserved all the love and support her could get.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I was wrong and I understand that now. I'll even apologize to Neji when I see him again."

"Really?"

If it made Naruto happy. "Really."