Training With the Hyūga

The last few months have been challenging but bearable for Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto didn't have the Hyūga and Uchiha names added to his name when his new families finished the paperwork for his adoption.

The rest of the Konoha council had been in uproar over his adoption. Most of the civilian side hadn't wanted Naruto to be adopted. They wanted him vulnerable and alone. All the other ninja clans and a few of the civilian side wanted to adopt Naruto, but now that chance was gone.

The Hokage had managed to calm them all down and give a reasonable explanation as to why the two clans had been allowed to adopt Naruto all the while giving Danzo a subtle warning not to mess with the boy.

After the meeting the two clan leaders settled on how Naruto should be trained. The Hyūga clan would teach Naruto proper etiquette, chakra control, taijitsu, how to use his tenseigan, and basic knowledge that a child should know. The Uchiha clan would teach Naruto ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, and how to use his rinnegan.

Naruto spent most of his days training and sitting through boring lectures with Hinata and Neji.

He had met the boy and found him nice but a lot more detached than Itachi and Sasuke in terms of family. The boy although polite was overly serious and seemed like a stick in the mud. He was all training and no fun. Neji did have his moments though so Naruto thought he wasn't all that bad.

For training Naruto learned the gentle fist katas, learned how to mold chakra, practiced activating his dojutsu. He learned to activate his dojutsu separately to avoid overwhelming himself. This way he only had the tenseigan activated in one eye and kept his other eye normal.

The tenseigan helped with learning jūken since it had the same ability to view other's chakra systems, but didnt have 360 eye sight.

He also sat through lectures about the history of the clan, chakra theory learned about the byakugan, read about the potential of the tenseigan, and the history of Konoha itself.

The lessons on politics and proper etiquette were the worst. Those lessons were taught by either Hiashi or Hizashi.

To avoid the lectures he would sometimes run off and hide, but he was always found by Tokuma.

He had to give up pranking since it was hard to be sneaky or hide when everyone in the clan could see through walls and caught him in the act. This left him absolutely no privacy. Neji and Tokuma managed to keep him in line so he matured a bit.

When he wasn't training or sitting through lectures he was spending time with Neji or Hinata and baby Hanabi.

Hinata had started off talking to Naruto in a small voice with a bit of a stutter, but as the days went by she became used to being around him and gradually came out of her metaphorical shell. When they occasionally sparred with each other the secessions helped Hinata's confidence grow in leaps and bounds from being able to show skill over another jūken user. Naruto was just happy that she was happy.

Sometimes he was invited to have tea with Hitomi, Hiashi's wife and his new aunt, to relax a bit and have some tea. Hitomi was the nicest Hyūga he had ever met. She didnt act cold or uptite like the rest. She reminded him of Hinata or rather Hinata reminded him of Hitomi.

As promised he was allowed to leave the compound once a week to go eat at the ramen stand. Old Teuchi and Ayame were surprised to see how much he changed. For them it wasn't too long ago that a young blonde clad in a white T-shirt and orange shorts with bright blue eyes came to the stand every other day with small drops of paint on his face and shirt from a recent prank that he pulled. Now in his place was the same blonde now wearing a white yukata with the Hyūga symbol on the back and sporting long spiky hair that went down to his shoulders and had greyish-white eyes. They were secretly worried that he would act like the rest of the Hyūga clan but he was still the same old Naruto if only a bit more mature which was just fine for them.

Life with the Hyūga was busy and demanding, but he was slowly growing used to it. He loved his new life with his family even if he couldn't run around pranking people.