•Electric Angel• Keith X Reader•Dance AU•

Nyayayyayayayyayaya another Keith one
I can't help it
Play the song when I say
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N)- Your name
(Y/N/N)- Your nick name
I'll tell you any added ones
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>All in your POV<
After 3 hours of driving on a seemingly endless motorway, you felt the car stop and doors began opening. You peered out and was met by a tall, white haired woman with a large smile on her face.
"Hello! My names Allura and I'll be your guide to the Altea Dance Competition!"
"Oh, great." You said, unenthusiastically as the rest of your team emerged from the car. Shiro, the team leader, was too busy making google eyes at the preppy girl to notice Hunk was still asleep in the back, so, beckoning to Pidge, the two of you shimmied into the drivers seat and slapped your hands on the horn.

-believable horn noise-

"aaaaAAAAAAAGH!"

-another believable thud-

"STOP MESSING AROUND WE HAVE WORK TO DO!"

{Time skip brought by Corans emo phase}

"Wow this place is huuuuuge!" Hunk began to spin on the stage as you tried to perfect the final stage of your dance routine. Each member was competing in a different genre.
Pidge in modern
Hunk in hip hop
You in electric and Shiro was just there to coach as he had sustained an injury after falling in a routine. You were pretty excited to compete as your category was slightly different.
You would learn a dance and then be given a partner who had chosen the same dance as you from the list. You had chosen Electric Angel by some vocaloid group and loved to listen to it.

After some finishing touches and costume prep, Pidge and Hunk's genres were about to start. Before you could run after them, you heard a voice call you from the ever-growing crowd.
"(Y/N)!! Over heeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeee!" Someone lulled you into a rib crushing hug and once you had seen the tanned neck and brown hair, you shouted,
"LANCELOT!!!! I thought you were dead! Where the quiznak have you been?!"

A tall, lanky Cuban boy stood in front of you, now introducing you to his team:
Matt
Keith
And of course, himself. You said hey to each, smiling and trying not to burst with excitement. You and Lance had trained at the same academy and haven't seen each other since he had joined a group known as Misfits. You were part of Voltron, another group that was partnered with theirs for most comps.
"This is awesome! We can finally dance together!"
"That depends Lancelot. Which category are you in?"
"Hip-Hop, of course! Why... you aren't in that one are you?" His smile faltered as you shook your head.
"No, I'm in electric. But you should go, it starts soon! Look out for Pidge and Hunk!" You shouted as he ran in the direction of the stage. Matt had disappeared and you spotted him talking to Shiro, hugging as if they were old friends.
"So, (Y/N), right? I'm dancing electric too." Keith suddenly said, causing you to jump.
His voice was almost past puberty, but sounded really cute. You fully looked at him, noting his mullet and red jacket, concluding that he was definitely not a weirdo.
"Yeah! I probably shouldn't tell you but... I chose Electric Angel to dance to."
"Me too! Maybe we will be chosen together." He blushes as he mentions the last part, rubbing his neck in the process. Before you could reply, the loudspeaker booms a message around the centre.

"WILL ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THE ELECTRIC CATEGORY PLEASE REPORT TO THE WESTERN STAGE!"

"(Y/N) from the group Voltron!" You took your place on stage and patiently waited for your partner to join you.
"Keith from the group Misfits!" You both smile, glad that the other is someone you kinda knew.

[ok play it now and whenever they switch roles just imagine the spotlight vanishes on one of you. And that the ending is you two facing each other, super close....... like suuuuuuuuuuper close ^.^]

You open your eyes to see Keith inches away from your face, both of you sweating and breathing heavily. A blush creeps up your cheeks and you step back, almost tripping over his foot. Keith's hand tightens around your waist and for a second, you catch his eye.
"You ok?" He whispers, barely audible over the applause.
"Yeah, thanks. We should probably go find the others though, everywhere will be shut soon." You manage to keep your voice steady as his hand moves from your waist to your own hand.
"Keith..?"
He looks at you, eyes wide and realising when he's doing.
"Sorry sorry! I just... it doesn't matter." His hand snaps back to his side, leaving yours cold and you quickly grab it again.
"It's fine."

"(Y/N)!! How did it go?" Pidge ran to greet you, waving a small trophy in your face and tried to hug you.
"It was great! Keith and I were put as a duo, but we came 3rd..." Keith held up a certificate and envelope.
"What?! No way, you two should have won! Your dance was amazing!" Lance added.
"Wait, you SAW IT?" Keith almost shouted down Lances ear, blushing profusely.
You remember you still have hold of Keith's hand and you yank him back, staring at Hunk and Pidge, who are looking at your hands.
"So... you two got closer." Shiro appeared behind you, messing Keith's hair. Allura, who's dress was now a tracksuit, ran over to greet Hunk and Pidge, telling them to collect their certificates. You watched them run off and felt Keith's hand squeeze yours. You returned the gesture and smiled at Shiro, turning to Keith.
He grinned, pulling you hand to his face and planting a tiny kiss on the back.

"Yeah, we did!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think this is the longest one I've written....... I LOVE IT!!
-Charlie-