•Waiting Game•Pidge x fem!reader

photo creds: unknown (comment if you know and I'll give credit!)
For @torishima__ <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 hours. It'd been 6 hours since the green yellow paladins had left the ship and you were bored out of your mind. Sunday's were for hot drinks and Hunks infamous chocolate cake, not waiting for your bossy little girlfriend to return. You lay on her bed and stuck your arms in the air, totally unaware of the figure stood in the doorway.

"(Y/N)?" Shiros deek, yet reassuring voice echoed in the silence, making you jump a little.
"Oh hey, what's up?" You kept your arms in the air, just wiggling your fingers to an old Earth tune.
"Just checking up on you. Pidge says they'll be back in a few."
"A few what? Vargas?" you chuckled a little before it vanished.
"Doboshes. They're not too far, just through that astroid belt." He sat at the end of the bed and stared at you for a second.
"Is there anything you want to talk about? You seem a little off." You sighed, sitting up and crossing your legs. Shiro was right. You and Pidge hadn't told anyone about your relationship, choosing to take it slow. You felt a cool metal hand on your knee and looked up, meeting Shiros worried eyes.
"(Y/N), you can tell me anything, I won't judge y-" An alarm cut off the end of his sentence and you jumped up, running to the docking port.

As you arrived, a cloud of smoke was floating through the doors from the ship and two figured were jumping from the definitely not on fire ship. Keith and Lance ran past you with Allura close behind and the hose was thrown, water sprouting from the end. A loud hiss masked any voices and soon the fire was gone, just like you and Pidge.

In the confusion, Pidge had grabbed your hand and pulled you to another corridor. Their face was slightly blackened from soot and their under layer was charred in places. You pulled back and Pidge stopped, panting a little and glancing behind you.
"(Y/N), why'd you stop?" Their eyes searched your face for any sign of sadness but you were smiling wide. Without a word, you pulled them into a tight hug, taking in the scent of smoke. Your eyes streamed from the strength of it but neither of you let go. A cough from behind you finally seperated you as the team rounded the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, is there something you two would like to say or are we going to have to guess?" Lance folded his arms and raised an eyebrow. His remark earned a punch from Keith, who was in a similar stance but less flashy.
"Are you guys-" He didn't finish the sentence, instead looking to Shiro, who was looking at Allura, who was looking at Lance, who stepped forward and smiled.
"ARE YOU DATING?" You winced at his volume but slowly nodded, Pidges hand tangled with yours. The smaller paladin hadn't made any indication that they were listening, simply giving your hand a small squeeze.
"But-- we are taking it slow, just seeing what happens..." You stuttered, trying to give an explanation without making Pidge uncomfortable. After all, it was your idea and it'd be unfair to have them answer a million questions. The other paladins nodded and slowly left the two of you until only Lance remained, staring at your clasped hands.
"I was gonna give the whole "don't hurt her" talk but in all fairness, you two don't need it." With that, he shrugged and turned on his heel, catching up with Keith who seemed momentarily happy to be rid of Lance.

"Can I meet you in my room? I need a shower..." Pidges nose wrinkled as they sniffed at their armour and you giggled a little, wiping some soot from their cheek. For a second, your eyes locked and neither looked away until Pidge sneezed, forcing soot into a cloud around them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAGH I wanna finish this so bad cause I like where it's going but I have no motivation and barely any time! I'm in my final year of college so the workload is piling up around my sleep deprived body... maybe I'll complete it in the future, but I wanted to share what I've done so far!!

-Charlie