•Countdown• Lance X Reader•

The Paladins were on a rescue mission. A planet by the name of Teclus had sent a distress signal to them, informing the the Galra had arrived and was taking their women hostage. They had immediately rushed over and saw the Galra forces putting women in cages, whilst the suppressed men watched from behind a line of Galran soldiers.

Shiro ran out and beckoned for the others to follow. Pidge and Hunk were in the lions but Lance, Shiro and Keith were on the ground so they could survey the situation.

As they ran over the hill, they were spotted by a few trackers that alerted surrounding soldiers.

"You guys go ahead, I've got this!" Keith shouted into the com before sliding down the hill to fight them. Shiro nodded and went the opposite side, attacking the others.
"Lance! You, Pidge and Hunk help the villagers!" Lance immediately ran down the hill and hide behind a large container.

As he peeked around the corner, he saw a Galra soldier attach a device to the neck of one woman, 17 at the most, and push her into a separate cage. She was lifted to a truck opposite where Lance was hiding and began banging against the walls.

There were shouts and screaming heard as Pidge and Hunk opened fire on the Galra forces, trying to avoid hitting any villagers. Lance took the chance and ran to the truck, jumping into the back and again, hiding between cages.

"Shhhh, I'm gonna get you ladies out of here." Lance whispered-shouted. Silence filled the truck and the only sound was from the battle outside. Lance began picking a lock but soon gave up, shooting at it instead. He apologised to everyone as he did, knowing the sound would scare them but he had to be quick. Pidge and Hunk wouldn't be able to hold off every Galra.

Eventually he got to the front (he had started at the back) and saw the girl from before. She was holding her arm and mumbling something with her eyes closed. As Lance watched, a purple light emitted from her hand and wrapped around the injured arm. She stopped for a moment and smiled, before looking up to meet his eyes. He stopped shooting and placed a hand on the cage bars. Lance's eyes searched her. He recognised her... but how?

After getting her out, Lance decided to take her to Allura. The girl looked human, but after that, Lance wasn't so sure. Around him, Galra soldiers were lying on the ground and villagers were running towards their homes. Lance was holding the girls hand and manoeuvred them through the chaos.

Suddenly, she pulled back as they ran past a small hut.
"One moment." She shouted and ran inside, whilst Lance was left to fend off the soldiers. She reappeared with a long archers bow. Except it had no string. It was purple and bore a resemblance to the type of weapon that the Paladins bayards would make. Lance, once again, stared. His brain was working over time, trying to figure out who she was.
"Ok, lets go."

Pidge landed a few yards out, waiting for Lance. They saw him running with a girl in tow, both of them fighting. Green opened her mouth and allowed the two access before shooting back to the Castle.

"Alright, we have everyone. Princess, how are the villagers?" Shiro's voice rang into the com as the lions approached.
"All good. Well done Paladins! Get back to the castle quickly."

As Green settled in the hangar, Lance dragged the girl to the control room.
"Allura! Run a statistic report on her..." Lance said, letting go of her and pointing at the weapon.
"And explain this."

"She seems to have an Altean weapon and background but I cannot figure out how she arrived on Teclus..." Pidge nodded and walked over to the girl. She was looking around, clearly in awe and gripped the weapon close to her. Her eyes kept darting back to Lance before moving to the lions.

"Hello, I'm Pidge. What's your name?" They stopped and smiled. She smiled back weakly and responded in a clear voice,
"(Y/N). Thank you for saving me. Although I will have to ask a favour." (Y/N) pointed at the device around her neck.

9...

"It's counting down. I've seen many others with it and when it reached zero, they disappeared in a beam of light. I'm guessing they are taken straight to the Galra."

Pidge and (Y/N) were sat in Green's hangar, attempting to get the device off her neck.

8...

They couldn't figure out how the timer worked as the numbers didn't coincide with any Altean timings or Earth.

7...

Lance was stood watching them. He could see the despair in her eyes. She was scared but no one else seemed to notice. She spoke so calmly that even if a gun was pointed at her, she wouldn't break. Lance thought back to his childhood when he had a friend very similar to her. Keith placed a hand on Lances shoulder reassuringly.

6...

Pidge was getting frantic. The tests showed that (Y/N) had a connection to Altean magic, but if she was taken, the Galra would use it in a weapon to destroy Voltron.

5...

(Y/N) looked towards Lance. He smiled and began walking over. She saw his smile falter as the number went down. (Y/N) covered the numbers with her hand as Lance sat next to her.
"Who are you? How do I know you?"

4...

He took her hand and brushed some hair out of her face. Pidge connected another wire to the device. (Y/N) closed her eyes and began mumbling again.

3...

The purple light surrounded her neck, trying to get underneath the device, which was now beeping.

2...

The light vanished and (Y/N)'s eyes opened, filled with tears. Lance wiped a tear from her cheek and lightly kissed her hand.
"Thank you all so much."

1...

Black light replaced the purple and Pidge pulled Lance away. (Y/N) took her weapon from the table and got into a fighting stance.

0...

"Goodbye Lance. Think of a happier time, won't you?" She smiled and disappeared, leaving only a piece of paper. Lance rushed to get it and turned it over. It was a picture of (Y/N). Her name was written across the top.

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) Earth visit 2017

And she had her hand intertwined with someone else's hand. It was Lance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Had this one ready for a while, but kept changing parts. If there are any mistakes please do tell me! {1116 words}

-Charlie-