A New Perspective

(Hey welcome back! You wanted to find out what happened to Derrick? Too bad. I'm gonna change perspectives. Hah. XDD)

*Zane's POV (Ok I'm still doing it from a narrator's POV but I'm going to focus on Zane...)

There have been crazy things happening lately. Aaron turning Aphmau, Aphmau and Aaron getting engaged, Aaron turning Garroth, Garroth surviving. And through all the drama, Zane has been stuck in the middle. Sure, there's Kawaii~Chan, Travis and Katelyn and such, but they don't have the knowledge Zane does. Zane knows about Aaron's past, plus, he's one of the only ones to be truly affected by everything that's happened to Garroth, being his brother and all. Zane had just heard the news about the rumors over the speakers. (The same one that Aaron, Aphmau, and Melissa heard in "Aaron's Song") He called Aphmau to go over everything before she possibly left with Aaron. 

"Aphmau? Hello?" Zane said anxiously. 

"Hey, Zane. I'm guessing you're wondering what's going on with all these rumors and stuff?" Aph sighed. 

"Yeah! What's happening? Isn't Aaron and his family here under the name Wolfwere? Are they actually going to go to the central island for questioning? Are you going with them? Do you need me there?" Zane asked impatiently. 

"Woah, slow down. I'm really not sure what's happening, apparently, a few people knew about these rumors far in advance, but no one bothered to tell me or Aaron about them. I'm going to figure everything out. I'll call you soon, okay?" Aphmau ended the call.

"Wait!" Zane pleaded, but it was no use, she didn't pick up the phone again. Zane was a bit upset. Aph didn't really tell him anything, and he wanted to know what was going on, he deserved to! 

"Hey, Zane, how'd your phone call go? Did you find out anything about Aaron-Kun?" Kawaii~Chan asked. 

"Hey, Nana, it sort of went terribly. Aphmau was freaking out too much to actually tell me anything. Turns out these rumors have been going around for awhile." Zane explained exasperatingly. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Zane-Kun. I'm sure we'll find out more information later. We just have to be patient." Kawaii~Chan comforted him.

"Thanks," Zane replied. 

"While we wait though, do you want to make some cupcakes? I have a new recipe I found online, I think you'll love it!" Kawaii~Chan gave Zane little puppy (kitty?) eyes to convince him.

"Sounds great," Zane smiled under his mask, but Kawaii~Chan could tell by the way his eyes lit up. 

*Zane and Kawaii~Chan made delicious cupcakes and were now sitting at the dining table eating them

"These taste great! You know who would really love them?" Zane said, his mouth stuffed.

"Who, who??" Kawaii~Chan asked excitedly.

"Garroth! We should bring some to him!" Zane got up and started packing a few cupcakes.

"Sounds awesome! Let's go!!" Kawaii~Chan agreed.

*Kawaii~Chan and Zane go to see Garroth

*Zane knocks on the door

"Who is it?" Garroth asks.

"It's your favorite baby brother!" Zane says.

"Hmm, I didn't know Vlyad was here," Garroth chuckled.

"Hey!" Zane began to walk away, disgusted.

"Kidding, kidding, I know it's you, Zane! Get back here!" Garroth begged. He was no longer laying in his bed, but sitting comfortably on a soft couch, scribbling on some paper. 

Zane hesitantly turns around and walks inside. Kawaii~Chan stays behind, she knows that Garroth and Zane would need their time, so she closes the door behind him. 

"You look so much better!" Zane exclaimed. 

"I feel much better too, how do my ears and tail look?" Garroth asked.

Zane hadn't thought to look, he almost forgot that the transformation was the reason Garroth was still alive. He scanned the top of Garroth's head and saw two light grey werewolf ears popping out. They weren't fully grown and looked small and stumpy, but Zane didn't want to make him feel bad. 

"They look great big brother." Zane smiled. 

"Aww, really? Thanks!" Garroth grinned widely.

*Zane and Garroth continued talking and truly bonded for the first time in a while.

"Hey, Zane?" Garroth tapped Zane on the shoulder to keep him from grabbing any more cupcakes.

"Yeah?" Zane replied, still eyeing the last cupcake. 

"After all this is over and we find some sort of normal again, do you think..." Garroth stopped there and hesitated, he was deciding whether or not he should really be asking this question.

"What? What is it Garroth? You can ask me anything you know?" Zane encouraged him. 

"D-Do you think, I'll ever... find someone who loves me?" Garroth couldn't look at Zane, a bit embarrassed at his own question. 

"Garroth! You shouldn't ever have to ask about this. There are already so many people that love you! Me, Vlyad, Mom, Dad! All of us love you very much." Zane was concerned.

"That's not what I meant," Garroth thought about how to word his question the right way.

"You mean outside of family? Well, that's easy, Laurance, Lucinda, Kim, Aphmau, Aaron, they all love you too! I thought you knew this? Most of us, we're family! Y-you know that, don't you?" Zane was utterly confused now and worried because he did know what Garroth's real question was. He was just very inexperienced on the topic, and he wasn't sure how he would really answer.

"Zane, do you think I'll ever fall in love again?" This is what Zane was expecting, though one part of the question threw him off. Again?

"Again? What do you m-" Zane then realized what Garroth was talking about. Aphmau. Of course, for the longest time, maybe even now, Garroth had always had feelings for her. Oh no, "A-Aphmau?"

"From the moment I met her, even when we were kids, I admired her. She was always so confident and... and beautiful. When I realized Aaron loved her, and- that she loved him, I was jealous. So I tried to protect her, I tried to take her away from him. But when I finally took a step back and watched how she acted around him, I realized that whenever Aaron was around, Aphmau was happy. Truly happy. And that's all I want for her. For her to be happy. So I stepped aside. Of course, I did. I've never felt that way towards anyone since. I-I'm afraid I'll never find anyone." Garroth was beginning to cry now. 

"G-Garroth... I had no idea you ever thought about anything like this. You may not think you've found anyone yet, but that's because loving Aphmau is all you've ever known. You may find love another way. But you will find someone. You will. For now, you have so many people here that care about you so much. Don't take that for granted. Please." Zane got up and began to leave the room.

"I won't. Zane?" Garroth stated honestly.

"Yes?" Zane replied.

"Be safe." Garroth pleaded.

(So yeah, this was a little break from the main story. I've noticed that in MyStreet, Jess had focused on writing out the goofy part of Garroth. I wanted to write about the more serious version of him, expressed more in High School and College. Hope you guys enjoyed this part, I'll be going back to the original perspective in the next part, talk to you then! <3)