New Discoveries

(Hi, it's me again lol. Welcome back! I have 192 views now, wow! XD Thanks _april_ninjago for voting on my storyyy <3 This chapter I'm actually going to write from Lucinda's POV. Like actually from her point of view, you know "I said, I stood up" that kind of thing... you'll see ;)

*Lucinda's POV

"So, where do we start?" Kim asked me. 

"Let's start at my place, I have a couple books from home that we can look through. And a computer," I told her.

"Alright, sounds good," Kim agreed.

We walked to my house and I set up some chairs and snacks by my computer and grabbed some books off the shelf.

"Hmm, Potions Guide - The Trilogy, Unordinary Magicks, and Werewolf Culture. These should be good starters, you can begin with these, Kim. I'll start looking online," I decided, tossing these books to her.

"Okay. So... what exactly am I looking for?" Kim smiled apologetically.

"Oh, um, just anything on forever potions or long-lasting effects on them, for the first book. For the second one, you can probably find some stuff on intricate magicks and maybe something on Ultimas. The third one, we're looking for anything about Ultima transformation, or just something that would connect to Ein or his story, that could help us find motives for his actions," I explained the best I could. 

"Got it, thanks!" Kim grinned and began flipping through the pages of the first book. 

I've got this. I'm just going to search for the same stuff I told Kim about, I thought. 

I scrolled through some pages that looked promising. I didn't find anything too interesting. It was all common knowledge, nothing helpful. Then, I hit something that might actually help. The website for the company that Derrick, Garte, Michael, Elizabeth, and Zack ran together. There was a page of, now unavailable for purchase, of course, forever potions, with different effects on them. And descriptions of what they do, plus reviews from purchasers, this is great! 

"Hey, Kim! I might have found something!" I tapped her on the shoulder repeatedly until she looked up.

"Whoa, what's that?" Kim asked. 

"It's the old website for the sale of forever potions, you know the one Aaron and Aph told us about?" I reminded her.

"Really?! Wow, there's so much about the potions here, even a mission statement for the company. This could tell us how Ein got a hold of them, and if he could possibly get to them again, right?" Kim exclaimed excitedly.

"It probably won't tell us too much about Ein, but we can definitely figure out everything about these forever potions," I stated. I hoped we could find something on here about our current situation, but I wasn't too hopeful. 

"It says that the potion effects were all positive things. Memory restoration, strength, self-control, intelligence, stuff like that. But the potions Ein used were nothing like these. How did he make them?" Kim questioned.

"Well, he definitely replaced and destroyed memories, so he made or bought a memory restoration potion and reversed it. He did the same with all the rest of these, he took the positive effects and turned them to the opposite. That takes very advanced magicks." I explained. 

"There was some stuff in the magicks book about reversing potions. It seemed really complicated," Kim frowned. 

"So Ein was a talented Magicks user. We already knew that" I sighed. 

"Wait, look!" Kim pointed to the forever potion on the bottom of the screen.

It read, "Revival Potion - VERY DANGEROUS, USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION!"

"This must be-" I started.

"How Ein survived!" Kim finished for me. 

"Is supposed to revive the dead, only works within 10 minutes of death, not tested, may cause serious side effects if used on a living person," Kim read. 

"How the heck did Ein use the potion on himself if he was dead?" I queried. 

"I have no idea," Kim scrolled frantically as if that might spark an idea.

I put my hand on hers to stop her from breaking the computer.

"Hey, calm down. We'll figure it out. Let's just keep looking for now," I told her.

"Right," Kim sighed and went back to her books. 

We continued looking for about an hour with no success until something Kim found caught my attention.

"Wait, read that paragraph right there," I said, pointing about halfway down the page in her book. 

"Okay. it says 'The natural werewolf instinct is a hunger for power and loyalty to their leader or the unquenchable thirst to become one. Most modern-day werewolves do not think this way anymore, though rarely, they are born with the need to become like the ancient werewolves. These werewolves can be dangerous and might take irrational action as a result of the unsuitable environment. The most common example of these werewolves were the Ultimas. Though it is unknown if they ever really existed, they displayed these characteristics. Though these werewolves could be very dangerous if not kept under control, they are also capable of very advanced magicks. Not much is known about why the werewolves seem to be separated this way. These werewolves will usually target a certain group to be dominant over. They may try to gain control or get into a relationship with one of them. They want to rule over a pack, though this style of rule is no longer acceptable.  These characteristics are usually muted over time, they don't really affect the life of the werewolf or the people around them. There have been few accounts of these 'symptoms' being too strong to handle.'" Kim read.

"Woah. So Ein must be one of the extreme cases. No wonder. This explains everything," I stated. 

"Totally. I'm still not sure how he used the potion on himself, but this shows why he's been after us all this time. Why he's here! It will be much easier to defeat him if we know more about his strengths and weaknesses," Kim speculated.

"It's perfect! We should tell the others. Then we can create a plan!" I exclaimed.

(Yeah 2 parts in one day, I'm on a roll! lol. Thanks for reading!! The next part is going to be from Garroth's perspective, I know everything seems a little crazy, but it will all fit together in the end... I hope :3)