Just like Old Times

(Hi people! Happy Wednesday. Today I'm writing more about Garroth. Cuz he's awesome. And I'm still unsure if he's going to survive in the real series ;-; )

*Garroth's POV

"Okay, I just texted Dad. He says he's in my room talking to the doctor. He'll be there to talk to us," I tell Zane. 

We walk back to the house and see Dad, eyebrows scrunched together and papers piled up in front of him. 

"Woah, what is all that?" Zane asks.

"Oh- It's nothing. Just some paperwork," Garte lied.

"Are those, medical bills?" I questioned, concerned.

"N-No they're just," he started, then looked up at me and Zane, "yes. They're actually yours, Garroth. There are a lot of them. And more to come for future treatments."

"Oh my goodness! That's crazy! What did they even do to me?" I inquired, panicked.

"When you were first turned, we had to use multiple very strong painkillers on you. Those aren't cheap," Dad explained. I frowned at this, I didn't want to be the cause of all this stress.

"I just wish that stupid werewolf kept his temper in check. Then none of this would have happened, it's all his fault. He's a beast," Garte growled. 

"Dad! I've been meaning to talk to you about this. Aaron isn't a beast, he isn't a monster. He a person, just like the rest of us. He's actually a great guy. I think of him as family. When we were back at the lodge, when we were in trouble, when Aphmau was in danger, he was the one who saved us all. He cares about me deeply and would never do this on purpose. I forgot what he was. If anyone, it was my fault. You can't blame him for trying to look out for us. If I had his capabilities and saw Ein here, I would have done the same thing. Plus, he's learned his lesson. And I'm okay," I explained. '

"You're so lucky you have that forever potion on you, Garroth. Without that strength, you wouldn't have survived," Dad stated. 

"R-right. That. I totally forgot. You used that strength potion on me when I was a kid huh? Katelyn and me," I sighed. 

"Yeah, you think you could go around breaking doors constantly with no injuries, pushing down those iron bars at the lodge, and now surviving this, with normal human strength?" Dad shook his head. 

"I'm thankful that I've been able to do everything that I've done. That I've been able to survive everything that I have. But it hurts. It hurts to know that I didn't do it. I wasn't strong enough to actually do any of that. It was all a potion effect." I couldn't meet Zane or my Dad's eyes. 

"Garroth, even if you had a potion on you, that doesn't make you weak!" Zane rolled his eyes, giving me his usual sass. 

"Whatever. That's not what we're for anyway," I reminded him, "So Dad, do you know anything about the woman Ein was with here? The one Aaron described?" 

"E-Elizabeth," Dad mumbled.

"What?" Zane asked.

"Remember, in the story Aaron told you guys about, Elizabeth, one of the ones we sealed away in Michael's realm?" Dad asked.

"Yes," we both answered hesitantly.

"The woman Ein was walking with, was Elizabeth. Which means that the three we sealed away, are here. They've escaped. And they are 10 times more powerful than Ein is. All of them together means serious trouble," Dad said. 

Zane and I stood there in disbelief. We knew we had a troublesome situation, but nothing like this!

"How in the world are we supposed to stop them?" Zane nearly screamed.