Chapter 11.

●●●

You may think it's rejection. In fact, it's the Almighty's protection. Our limited minds can't understand this. But someday it will make sense.

~Mufti Menk.~

↨↨↨

Faisal Khalil's POV

  The only thing I do these days is; work, work and more work.

  When Mamii used to tell me that I was a workaholic, I usually don't believe her but now, even, I, myself can't deny the fact that I am.

I work so I can forget about what I've lost. Her.

But how can you let go, when your heart doesn't want to?

Even though I work all the time, my thoughts still wander to her.

I make sure I work all day and go home only late at night to sleep.

My parents has been worried about me. They tried talking to me into settling down but I dismissed the discussion at once.

They know I'm and only will Mamii. I don't see myself settling down any time soon. I need some time, maybe a lot of time to make the feelings fade away...

Piles of papers were scattered all over my desk. I was busy preparing some documents for our next meeting. I concentrated on preparing the file, making sure everything was in order, because if we succeed, it's going to fetch us a lot of money.

My telephone rang and I picked it up, "Hello sir, you've a visitor," the receptionist informed.

"Send the person in." I said then hung up not bothering to ask who it was.

After a while, I heard the door of my office being opened but I didn't bother to look up. With my attention still on the laptop I said, "please, have a..." I looked up and saw the last person I was expecting to see.

"Hello, honey." She smiled widely. She was dressed in a purple and black habaya. Her face was made up, making her look even more beautiful.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, resting my elbow on the desk.

"Is that how you welcome your guest?" She asked taking a seat. "I heard Faridah is married, so..." She trailed off, still smiling. "I'm back!"

"Who called you here?" I asked, sternly.

"My heart." She replied placing her hand on her left chest.

I rubbed my palms on my face suddenly feeling irritated. "Get out, please." I said trying to act calm.

She got up from the seat and sat on the desk. "No, honey, I don't plan on going anytime soon."

I clenched my left fist then used my right hand to lose my tie. I inhaled a deep breath. "Go. Out. Hadiza," I ordered, slowly.