Chapter 13.

You all know this is a work of fiction ba?
Aside from that we can also get carried away. We are humans after all.

A lot of switching of POV's down there. Sorry!

°° ★ °°

Each time you read a book, a tree smiles knowing there's life after death.

●Faisal Khalil's POV

"Forty four, forty five, forty six, forty seven, forty eight, forty nine... Fifty."
I finished my press up and lied down on my back. After some seconds, I got up and stood at the front of the full length mirror, I flexed my muscles and twisted my arms.

"Assalamu alaikum," I heard Zara's salam.

"Waalaikumus salam," I replied opening the door.

"Ya Khalil, Dad is calling you," she informed. I nodded my head and made an attempt to close the door. "Please, take a bath first. You're so sweaty." She added scrunching her nose.

"I will." I replied, dryly closing the door. I carried my towel and removed my sweats then wrapped the towel around my waist and headed to the bathroom.

I came out, carried another towel and wiped the water off my body. I carried a black sweats and white Tee I wore it quickly before sauntering downstairs.

I met Mum and Dad seated on the three sitter couch while Zara was seated on the one sitter. I salaamed then sat on the other one sitter.

Dad carried the remote control and reduced the volume, he settled his gaze on me, his elbows rested on his knees while his fingers were interlaced under his chin.

Mum gave me a pitiful glance. At that moment I knew something wasn't right.

"My son," Dad began, "you're a hardworking young man, you know. You handle everything quite well. So I have come to a decision that you should settle down."

"What? Dad, I'm not ready to settle down." I grimaced looking at the tiles then back at him. Dad rested his back on the chair giving me a pointed look;

"You have no say, my boy." Dad said. I shook my head, stubbornly;

"What do you mean by that?"

Dad got up from his sitting position, his arms were rested behind him. "I need a grandchild, all my mates are grandfathers already but I have none and as you can see I'm not getting any younger."

I clenched my jaw. "If you need a grand child then get Zara married, she's 18 and old enough." I said biting back my rising anger.

"Haba, Ya Kha-," Zara began but I glared at her making her keep shut.

Dad and I never had a good relationship, he only cares about money and what people think about him. He only wants a grandchild because his partners has.

Dad glared at me, sharply; "You've no say in this,"

My hands curled into a fist as my anger started rising."What do you mean by that? No disrespect but this is my life we are talking about."