Chapter 38.

***
I want to be loved,
Not because I asked for it,
But because I deserve it.
***

Faisal Khalil's POV

These past few days hasn't been that bad. At first after Mamii found out, I thought she would hate me and do so many crazy things. Yes, she did a little but to be honest I expected more from her. Knowing the kind of hot headed lady she is. I guess she can't be angry at me, after all she cares for me. The thought warmed my heart.

I never wanted to hurt her, I only wanted to protect her and love her with my all. But she is so stubborn, I thought she would love me after the wedding, the way it happens in novels or movies. I am not a Novel person but from the few I had heard and read, when I wanted to feel "among" always ends that way. But not in my case.

Umma has been worried, she's always calling me and asking how things are now between us. I always answer her with the positive. I didn't want her to worry.

If I didn't know Mamii  better I would think she is bipolar. This minute she is acting all happy and the next she is throwing tantrums at me. She's a crazy girl honestly. My crazy girl.

I appreciate the fact that she didn't let our current situation make her stop cooking for me. She makes sure to always cook and serve me, she might serve me with an angry face but I am certain she cooks the food with so much love because it always taste delicious.

She still does all the things she did before now, she still takes up her marital duties seriously. She is well trained. But she is depriving me of the one I want the most now.

I need her real bad, it hurts.

I wish she would just stop with all these and let us live as a happy couple.

If that happens, by Allah I would be the most happiest man on planet earth.

I will keep on praying.

All I need is sabr Patience.

***

Faridah's POV

I just finished my zuhr salah when I heard a knock on my door. I thought of ignoring the knock knowing it was no one but Khalil, I was sure he was here to annoy me. I folded the prayer mat and kept it aside. Just when I was about to lay down, I heard his salam, I couldn't ignore that, so I went to the door and opened it, the same time he clenched his fist to knock again.

I moved aside quickly.

"What? Are you trying to ruin my fine face?" I shouted at him.

"I would never do that even in my dreams. Your face is my treasure." He winked making me roll my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to avoid any unnecessary chitchat.

He scratched the back of his head. "Well, Samirah said she wants to see you." He said.

I blinked then chuckled. "Oh, she told you that?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Yes," he affirmed.

"Hold on," I placed my index finger in front of his face before going into the room to check my phone. I unlocked it and checked my call log but there wasn't any missed calls from her. I checked our history and the last time we spoke was a week ago. Then how?