Chapter 16.

nafisatuu here's the update. I can finally rest eh?
Don't forget your promise tho 🌚

☆☆☆

Last night, I matched the stars with the reasons why I love you, I was doing fine, until I ran out of stars...

🕦

“My name is Faridah, my umma calls me baby, well, she calls all of us that, but she calls me that mostly, cause they say I am smallish. My baba calls me by my name or any pet name he feels, my friends call me 'Reedah or Fareeree. Basma calls me Ya Ree while Fahad calls me Ya Faree, and oh, how can I forget my babies, they also call me baby...”

“Can you stay for a second without blabbering!” Aslam yelled at me making me jump with fright.

“I-I was only trying to make up conversations with you since we are alone. A little chit-chat shouldn't be a problem.”

“And, Who told you I want a chit-chat with you?”

“What is wrong with you, Aslam? I am your wife, you shouldn't act this way with me,” I said, tired. I once said I was going to let things flow but I am getting tired, tired with each passing day he treats me like a piece of garbage!

“Woman! What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't you just leave me alone? You're always disturbing my peace; what do you want from me? You stay at my house for free, I gave you a room, you eat my food for free, and you use everything else you want, so then, what do you want?”

“You Aslam, you. I want you to accept me, to love me. I am your wife, don't I deserve that much?” I asked, my eyes brimming with tears.

He looked at me for a brief second; “Can you stop calling yourself my wife please. You aren't.”

“Then what am I?” I asked, trying to hold back my tears, but it seemed impossible, a tear slipped and I wiped it off quickly. “If you don't love me then why did you marry me? Why did you bring me here as your wife? Why did you pretend to like me when we first met, you weren't so friendly but you didn't act this way. I thought you were just the quiet type and after our marriage you would change, but no, you became worse. You didn't spend your wedding night with your wife, but with your mistress. I still didn't let that bother me, I still forgave you and tried making us work but, you never acknowledge my presence.

I am doing everything possible to make us work but you don't seem to care. You only see me as your cook and nothing else. Do you know how it hurts to see you and her acting all lovey-dovey in my presence? That's supposed to be me and you, but no, it's you and her. I am the one who is supposed to be with you and not her. If you loved her so much then why did you marry me instead of her. Did I do anything wrong to you to warrant this suffering? If I did, please forgive me and accept me as your wife, please Aslam, please... ”