| 8 |

"i can't believe i fell for it again" Namjoon muttered sorrowfully, his head dropping down to see his bag full of candy.

It was the night of Halloween and Namjoon wanted to spend the day in his comfortable bed and surrounded in nothing but warmth and silence. He purposely shut down all his lights and put a 'do not disturb' sign on his door incase any kids decided to trick-or-treat at his house and disturb his night of relaxation. Of course he could've just bought some candy and left it outside on a bowl so kids could get a treat meanwhile still leaving him alone but because of his economic problems, he decided it was best to save that money for something more important.

Just as he was about to shut his heavy eyelids over his tired eyes, a knock was heard on his door. At first he tried to ignore it, thinking it was probably just a kid wanting some candy and thought that after awhile they would just go away. But it was the complete opposite as the knocking only continued, slowly getting harder and louder. Namjoon groaned as he arose from his bed and trudged to his front door, angrily opening it and glaring at the kids.

The kids being Taehyung dressed in his snow white costume along with Minsu as cinderella and Jimin as an adorable dwarf. Apparently Minsu had wanted Namjoon to tag along saying he had to keep his word and wear the costume, only it had to be with her around so she would believe it. Namjoon tried his best to convince the little girl he was sick or that he lost the outfit but the six year old was sassier than he thought and began to throw a fit, leaving him with no other choice than to get in his pointy red hat, tacky purple shirt, huge floppy pink shoes and spend the night with them.

"what did you say namjoonie?" Minsu looked up at Namjoon as they continued walking with her chubby hand intertwined with his.

"uh nothing, just commenting on how great it feels to be out in the cold night dressed like my grandmothers gnome with you and my lovely friends." he fakely grinned and from what it seemed like, Minsu looked convinced and smiled at his response.

"I'M SO FAB FAB FABULOUS!" Taehyung chanted as he skipped and twirled around, swaying his princess dress as he spun in multiple hops. Not only was he also wearing a plastic tiara and red bow on his messy hair to exemplify how far he was willing to go to look perfect but he also had a cheap wand that he waved around and tapped random children with. Mothers were sending him threatening looks.

Namjoon was honestly glad Taehyung was a few feet behind him because he really didn't want people to know they knew each other. Jimin walked on the other side of Namjoon as they strolled down the sidewalk with their giant shoes that could cause any accident at any minute.

"so namjoon, how are you enjoying the night?" Jimin asked, wanting to start some kind of conversation to ease up the obvious tension.

"i hate my life"

Jimin made an abrupt halt, ignoring Namjoon's comment and pointing at the big house in front of him "hey let's go in there"

Taehyung waved off the woman who was giving him a lecture as to why not to touch her child and walked up to the little group, staring up at the house. A chilly wind suddenly blew past them as the dark, wooden creepy house stared back at them with its rusty windows and fake halloween displays plastered among the poorly watered lawn. The giant overgrown trees gave a terrifying shadow on the house along with its broken branches containing an overflow of tawdry ghosts and acorns.

"i d-dont know guys" Namjoon stuttered nervously "i think it's too scary for her, right minsu?"

The little girl didn't seemed scared, not even a bit but before she had the ability to say anything, Taehyung sent her a stern look. Minsu rolled her eyes and suddenly let go of Namjoon's hand and instead wrapped her tiny arms around his body.