| 33 |

"so what are we supposed to do now?" Namjoon asked, his back laying up against the counter as he observed the many talkative customers buzzing by the cafe.

"we have to wait for them to get to seated before we start taking orders" Seokjin replied, drying his wet hands with a towel, "but in the meantime, let's have a chit chat. it's been awhile so might as well catch up right?"

Namjoon turned over to put his attention on the older male and smiled gently. It's true, the last time he had talked to Seokjin was when he still lived in his old apartments, but literally one day later he was evicted. He didn't even think of saying goodbye to his hot neighbor, he was honestly too much in a bad mood to talk to anyone.

"yeah, sorry for not telling you that i was moving. it was sorta unexpected." Namjoon chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck in dismay. Seokjin set down his towel and shook his head. "don't worry about it, i moved out at the same time so it wouldn't have mattered."

"wait you moved too?"

"yeah, the whole complex did. the landlord was sued for some reason and the company ended up keeping the building. everyone was evicted days later and now our old apartments are a pile of actual trash."

Namjoon widened his eyes. Suddenly the flashback of the meeting he had with his old landlord and Hoseok came rushing back to his head in spirals of fuzzy memories. The faint image of Namjoon waiting by the door with a saddened expression became present, and in the chair in front of the landlords desk was Hoseok who was sending threats towards the old man. Namjoon was really pissed that day, so he couldn't exactly hear the threats Hoseok was sending. But, if he recalls, he feels as though he remembers hearing Hoseok telling the landlord that he was going destroy the building.

But that wasn't possible, Hoseok would never do that just because Namjoon was being unfairly evicted. He means,.. would he? Hoseok did have the money to do it, but he had no reason too. 

Sighing and shaking the thought of his head, choosing to not believe it, Namjoon tried to change the subject instead.

"so, where do you live now?" Namjoon asked, genuinely wondering.

"i haven't found a house ever since so i've been living with a few hobos near the bus station. but on special occasions i like to sleep behind walmart because they throw out a lot of free food that's still edible. lucky right? i once found a perfectly good banana peel, one of the luckiest days if you ask me."

Namjoon gasped. Was this his fault? He means, it was Namjoon who agreed to go to the bar, it was him who decided to get drunk and take Hoseok to his house. If he never would've taken Hoseok then-

Seokjin obviously noticed the worry and guilt painted across Namjoons face and instantly chuckled. He brought up his hands and placed it on the younger males shoulders, shaking him a bit so he would snapback to reality.

"hah you've been pranked! there's a camera there, there and over there," Seokjin began pointing at random places in the cafe to further his joke, and Namjoon couldn't help but let out a small laugh upon realizing he was kidding. The older male smiled, "don't worry joon, i found a nice apartment in the south side of town. but what about you?"

"i um, live with my dance teacher. you know, the one who stole your clothes." Namjoon explained sheepishly, "he offered me his house because i can't afford another home at the moment. that's why i decided to take this job so i can save up for one."

Seokjin nodded his head in understanding. Deep down he's still a little pissed that Namjoons dance teacher stole his clothes and expensive gucci belt, and would probably never give it back, but he didn't want to spread any negative energy in a environment where Namjoon could freak out in any moment. And that's not something that's needed right now.