Chapter 13: For Frodo

Aerlinniel POV

"Come on, Aerlinniel, you've just got to focus." Caunedhiel comments.

I reply, "I have been focusing, Caunedhiel. I do not think that is the problem. We do not have much longer, we have to try figure out how to use my powers. Now, there has got to be something we can do."

"Maybe you could try focusing harder?" She questions.

Laughing, I repeat, "No, like I said, I do not think that is the problem."

She laughs and my smile fades, I wonder if everyone who went to battle is alright. I do not know how much longer we can wait.

Caunedhiel tells me, "Maybe there is something else preventing it. Maybe it is something that you are worried about."

"I do not think so." I tell her and change the subject, "We cannot wait any longer. Powers or no powers, we need to get going."

She gives a sigh, "Alright, Aerlinniel, let's go."

Legolas POV

The gate starts to open again. When it is wide enough open, I see Orcs begin to march through.

"Pull back! Pull back!" Aragorn orders us and we all ride back.

I turn back around to see the Orcs marching towards us. Turning my head to look at the men, I can see that they are afraid. Aragorn then starts to speak.

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see it in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight!" He shouts words of encouragement and continues, "By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"

They all shout. We then get off our horses and let them go. I watch as the Orc army advances towards us.

Gimli then tells me, "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf."

"What about side by side with a friend?" I offer, looking down at him and smiling.

He nods his head and replies, "Aye! I could do that."

Aragorn looks at us and tells us, "For Frodo."

~~~~~~

Here's one chapter up! There will be a second one up soon since I forgot to update last Sunday. Thanks for reading! Updates are every Sunday!

Love you my elves from the realm of llamas,

~Ellethwen <3