Left Alone

My head hurted. It was like a million of hammers bumping on it.

I weakly winked to open my eyes.

I was in a room. It was white all over and the bed I was lying in was too.

A hospital!

I wanted to lift my right arm to rub my eyes, but suddenly a terrible ache flashed through.

I looked at my forearm and realized a little needle pricked into. 

At the end of the needle was a little pipe and a light orange liquid running through it.

What the hell?! I only ripped my foot! Why am I in a hospital?!

Thank god, in this moment a nurse appeared.

She was tall, blonde and had a pretty smile. Her entire appearance was so sunny that I had to smile too.

"Hello dear, my name is Kate!"she said, "How does your foot do?"

Ohh my foot. I expected to feel a horrible pain down there, but there was no hurt.

"Its doing fine.."I answered. "But is this" I nodded towards my forearm, "really necessary?"

Nurse Kate smiled at me.

"You've lost very much blood sweetie."she explained. I already knew that.

"This is just to keep your circulation in motion. We don't want you to pass away one more time!" She giggled a little.

I sat up in my bed and started pulling my fingers. That's always been relaxing to me when I was nervous.

"Could you send Mr Jackson to me? I need to-"

Kate interrupted me.

"Michael Jackson? He isn't here anymore! He has left as we ensured, that you are okay."

I was stunned. Like somebody had knocked out my brain.

Michael has left.....

left.....

left...

I repeated the word silently.

I was about to cry. And I didn't know why.

Of course, Michael was a nice and kind person, but I didn't know him at all. 

So it shouldn't touch me, but I felt very lonely.

NAVY! I shouted at myself. Girl, he has his own life and can't take care of any girl he picks up at any street!

Why should he stay here, hold your hand and waste his time on such a unimportant young thing like you are?!

Your imagination was going crazy, or did you really think, that Michael Jackson shows interest in a streetwalker? You are such a fool, Navy!

While I was fighting with myself, tears rushed down my face. Kate walked up to me and looked worried.

"Are you okay honey?"she asked.

I glared her angrily, although she did nothing bad to me.

"Of course I am!"I shouted at the nurse, "Can't you see how fine I am?! And now take that thing outta my arm for I can leave and go on living my perfect life!"

"Please calm down..."Kate said soothing, "There's no need to scream and-"

"There is no need to scream?! You don't know, what I go through everyday! You don't have to sell your body to have something to eat! So don't tell me, when there's need to scream or not!!!"

I think that moment all the pain and despair I've repressed all my life came out and let me go wild.

All this disappointment about how bad my life has gone.

Now I am really sorry for Kate, because she didn't have any fault.

But back then I didn't care about.

And my anger soon turned into sadness.

"I thought, he would care about me..."I sobbed into the pillow. "What have I done that god does that to me...?"

Kate hugged me carefully.

"Shhh don't cry. "she whispered.

I stayed two more days in the hospital. Not because of my foot, but nurse Kate didn't want to let me go, scared, I might lose my selfcontrole again.

In this time I made friends with lots of nurses and some doctors.

They reminded me on my friends home. So everytime we were laughing together I also felt something hurting in my stomach.

It was homesickness... But I couldn't go home. I didn't have enough money and still wanted to make my way up. Never give up on your dreams.

I repeated it like  a prayer whenever I felt that I was about to go mad again.
Never give up on your dreams...

On the second March I was allowed to go back to my 'home'.

As I opened the rotten door I could see that the ugly hotelroom didn't change at all.

It still smelled like some corpses were burried under the bed and the air was stuffy.

I let myself fall onto the bed and closed my eyes.
Back to normality

I grabbed my  the phone on my bedsidetable.

I decided to call Evan, the guy who 'managed' me. I dialed his number.

For a long time it seemed like he wouldn't notice me.

But then I heard Evan saying:

"Hello?"

"Evan, it's me, Navy..."

"What the fuck, Navy, where have you been? Some guys almost died without you!"

"I was in the hospiz, cause-"

"Gurl, shut it! I don't have time right now!Just answer this question: Are you free tonight?"

I didn't answer. I've been free, but did I want to sleep with any guy again?

"Damn, bitch, answer me!"Evan shouted.

"Yes I am!"I said quickly.

"Fine. Gordystreet 13. 10pm. Got it?"

"Yes I-"

"Bye!"

Before I could even tell him, that I was injured he hung up.

"Okay"I sighted, "So I'm going to Gordystreet 13 tonight...fine..."

As I got up to search for a sexy outfit for my job, the telephone rang again.

I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"OH GOD NAVY, IS THAT YOU?"

Next chapter coming soon...