Wedding Plans

Yoongi's mother stayed over at their place. The whole night went by with the mother and son catching up, bonding like normal families do. Finally at 4am Yoongi got to bed and fell asleep next to his husband, happy and relieved to finally be on good terms with his mother.

The two woke up to the smell of breakfast coming from downstairs.

"Is your mom making breakfast for us?" Jimin asked, yawning.

"Yeah." Yoongi chuckled. "We stayed up really late just talking."

Jimin could see that he was genuinely happy.

"That's amazing."

"Boys, are you awake?" Yoongi's mother called from downstairs.

"We are!" Yoongi answered.

"Well come down to eat."

The two got up, pulled on some clothes and slowly headed downstairs, still a little sleepy.

"Oh I almost forgot." Yoongi chuckled as they reached the end of the stairs. "Good morning, babe."

He placed a small kiss on Jimin's lips, earning a shy smile from him.

"Good morning."

"So what about the wedding?" Yoongi's mother asked, startling the pair.

Jimin started blushing uncontrollably. He was not expecting for her to see the two of them sharing a kiss on the first morning after coming to terms with their relationship.

"Wedding?" Yoongi asked and the three of them sat down around the table.

"Well of course you have to have some kind of a celebration, even if same sex marriage isn't legal in here." She smiled a little. "If you guys just moved to America..."

"We don't want to leave Korea." Yoongi stated.

Jimin nodded in agreement.

"I know, I know."

"So honey, would you like to have a wedding?" Yoongi turned to look at Jimin with a sweet smile.

"A small one would be nice." Jimin nodded. "Friends and family."

"How did your family take the news?" Yoongi's mother asked.

Jimin chewed on some bread quietly.

"His mother has passed and his father isn't the best person on earth." Yoongi answered on Jimin's behalf. "We actually went to her grave yesterday and Jimin introduced me."

"Oh." She nodded, smiling a little. "Maybe his father will come around."

"If he pulls himself together some day." Jimin chuckled.

Yoongi's mother respectfully didn't ask any more questions about Jimin's family and he couldn't be more thankful. Talking or even thinking about his father put him in a bad mood.

"You wanted roses?" Yoongi's mother asked, looking at the beautiful couple.

They were sitting in the hotel room's restaurant, planning the wedding and eating some dinner.

"Yeah." Jimin nodded.

It had been almost a week since Yoongi's mother showed up at their house, and after that all they had been doing was spend time with her. Yoongi's father was supposed to arrive in a week, a few days before the wedding.

"It feels like the time is going so fast." Yoongi chuckled, looking at the paper in front of him that had all the things they needed to get listed on it.

"Well the venue was only available on the 13th." Jimin shrugged.

"It's kind of perfect, isn't it?" Yoongi's mother smiled. "One month after the proposal."

"Yeah it is."

Jimin's phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket, seeing his father's contact on the screen.

"Hi." Jimin spoke into the phone, nervous to hear what he had to say about the wedding invitation they had sent to him after a long while of considering if they should.

"Is this real?" He asked, not even bothering to greet his son.

"The wedding?"

"Yeah."

"As real as it gets."

There was a long moment of silence where Jimin felt like his heart was going to beat it's way out of his chest.

"Well congratulations." His father spoke calmly.

Jimin's eyes widened in suprise. "T-thanks."

"Jimin."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

The phone beeped, signaling that the call had ended.

Jimin placed the phone down on the table and stared at it, too shocked to do anything else.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked, placing his hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"He congratulated me and apologized."

"Really?"

Jimin just nodded, not taking his eyes off of the dark screen of his phone.

Yoongi's mother shot a knowing smile at Yoongi. "If I did it, I think he'll be able to do it too."

The Yoonmin wedding is going to happen and it's gonna be the softest thing in this book.