Chapter 7: The Mask in the Trees

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN NARUTO, AND I NEVER WILL *cries*

A/N: I AM SO VERY AND DEEPLY SORRY, THAT I KEPT YOU WAITING FOR SOOO LONG! I HAD WRITER'S BLOCK AND PROCRASTINATION, WHICH DON'T MIX VERY WELL, WHICH ONLY MADE ME MORE FRUSTRATED FOR NOT UPDATING! I HATE MYSELF, AND AGAIN, VERY SORRY!

Haku gif

No Exit by Tennis

LONG CHAPTER~!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

URSA's POV
As soon as we realize that Zabuza breached into our formation, the atmosphere fills with a suffocating silence. Though, just as Zabuza is about to swing his sword down at us, Kakashi intercepts. Me, along with the rest, take that moment to dive out of the way in order to create space for the two Jounins.

"Sensei, behind you," Naruto exclaims from his spot.

Looking up, I notice another Zabuza, a water clone, standing behind Kakashi. Well, that's what I thought until the one in front of our sensei exploded into a puddle of water. Meaning the real Zabuza's behind him.

Going to turn, Zabuza thinks first and slices Kakashi in half which makes Sakura scream.

Really, I deadpan at her, but nonetheless, I give no reaction since he, too, was a water clone.

Judging by the look of his face, I can tell that Zabuza's genuinely surprised. But before he can make his new moves, I watch as Kakashi suddenly appears behind him with a kunai directed at the swordsman's neck.

"Game over," Kakashi concludes.

Well that's not true, I mentally smirk as I stand back up.

Narrowing my purple eyes, I prepare myself for the incoming situation. Though, as usual, my teammates cheer at what they think is an obvious win. Ignoring both Naruto and Sakura, I stay focused at the situation at hand. And unlike me, the rest of my team is surprised when Zabuza starts laughing in a malicious sense.

I narrow my eyes at the swordsman. "What's so funny," I accuse.

He doesn't look up at me, but he turns to Kakashi. "You think it's over," he asks with amusement. "You just don't get it. It will take more to beat me than you mimicking me like an ape. A lot more, but you are good."

Closing my fan, I lean against it, but still keeping a keen eye on Zabuza. It's better to be prepared than completely vulnerable, I think to myself before looking at my naive partners.

"In that short time, you replicated my Water Clone Technique and by making your clone say something that you'd had said yourself, you ensured that all of my attention was focused on it. While you, yourself, used the Kirigakure technique of hiding in the mist, watching my every move," Zabuza informs, confirming Kakashi's actions.

With the confirmation of his previous actions, Kakashi is left in silence, perplexed that Zabuza figured him out so easily.

"Too bad for you," Zabuza taunts.

"I'm not that easy to fool," my eyes widen with surprise as another water clone stands behind Kakashi, directing a kunai to his neck this time.

Damn it! I was still unprepared! Focus Ursa, you know this already, I scold myself with disappointment.

Clenching my jaw, I reposition myself and tighten my hold on my fan, ready to fight. I watch as Kakashi stabs the Zabuza in front of him, only for it to turn into a puddle of water meaning the one behind him is the real Zabuza.