Chapter 15: Mind Games

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO, NOT NOW AND NOT EVER BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY OVER T-T

Wait A Minute by WILLOW

Chapter 15: Mind Games
___________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
   WITH THE MISSION coming to an end, Ursa had a mission of her own in mind. Not looking back to bid her farewells to her fellow teammates, she walks forward with a desired destination. There's a newfound skip to her step as the theory in her head rings through her mind.

It is possible for me to know the future, right? Maybe it's some kind of power? A Doujutsu of some kind? A clan technique? A kekkei genkai, Ursa thinks to herself, pondering the possibilities. Maybe it needs to be unlocked, kind of like the Sharingan. But how will it be unlocked?

She shakes her head. Too many thoughts in a short amount of time. She needs a clear mind otherwise she'll only confuse herself. Exhaling a long breath, Ursa focuses on the dirt path as she maneuvers through the streets as she looks for the library, or the closest thing they have to a library. The Konishi needs information to her many asked questions or she'll end up driving herself crazy with theories.

Though, just as she's about to turn the corner to a new path, a sudden force pushes her forward making her stumble. However, with her luck, she only ends up crashing into somebody else. Like a ball to a wall, Ursa falls backwards due to the force.

"That hurt."

Looking up, startled, Ursa's purple eyes widen when she's suddenly pulled upwards. Immediately, she recognizes the face of the person pulling at her collar.

Kankuro...? Shit! The chunin exams, how could I have forgotten, Ursa thinks as her eyes widen a bit more at the revelation.

"Ah! Sorry, I-I wasn't looking where I was going," Ursa quickly apologizes, wanting out of this situation. "My mistake."

Damn, my shorter stature! Well.. I'm a fair height, but Kankuro's obviously taller seeing as he's older, Ursa cringes as she feels his grasp tighten on her collar.

"That hurt you piece of shit," Kankuro states, lifting the girl so her feet don't touch the ground.

Ursa so badly wants to retaliate, but she could make things worse. Of course she's already thought of multiple ways to get out of his grasp, like kneeing him where the sun don't shine, punching him in the face, or the more obscene choice of stabbing him with a kunai. But she won't. That'll obviously cause drama for sure.

So, she goes with the more distasteful choice of doing nothing. Literally.

Making her body go limp, she lets Kankuro carry her dead weight which makes him stumble at the sudden change. Internally she smiles, but it's quick to disappear when he adjusts to her silent tactic.

"Ursa-chan!" Naruto yells out at the sight of his teammate in trouble.

"I'm sorry, I was messing around," comes Sakura's statement when she arrives at the scene.

"Hey, fat ass! Let go of her," Naruto insults, bullheaded as usual.

Ursa's lips twitch in amusement as she internally laughs at the insult. But not wanting the situation to get worse, she tries to be the mediator.

"Ahem! I suggest you do as he says. I mean, what fun is it to harass a rookie Genin like me. I'm not a challenge, I'm easy pickings. Wouldn't you prefer someone who put up a fight?" The black clad Kunoichi tries to negotiate.