Chapter 11: Trust or Fail Me

DISCLAIMER: HMMM, WHAT'S THAT? I STILL DON'T OWN NARUTO? WELL...SCREW YOU! *waits a second* PLEASE I BEG YOU, LET ME OWN IT!

SONG: Hear You Breathing by Stuart Reid

A/N: SORRY FOR THE LONG HIATUS. I TRY TO UPDATE WHEN I CAN! FORGIVE ME *begs for your mercy*

A/N/N: Sorry in advance if this chapter is shit. I tried.

CHAPTER 11: TRUST OR FAIL ME
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
URSA STAYED IN her place, her lilac eyes narrowed into a glare as she looked at the mirrors. She knows she can't reveal anything about knowing the jutsu or actually take the jutsu down herself, that alone will cause a rift in the future. She'll just let Sasuke handle this, whatever he needs, she'll do it to help him. Besides, if she intervened, then that could cause him to not gain his Sharingan.

To make it worse, she wasn't aware of the building suspicion that was happening in Kakashi's head. A suspicion towards her.

She knew something like suspicion against her could happen. I mean, to them, she was, is, a complete stranger. She's someone who claims to come from the Land of Rivers, that she's an orphan. That she wants to become a Shinobi of the Leaf out of pure good will. I mean, who would believe a girl who comes from a land that manipulates memories? But she didn't know that last key of information.

So, completely unaware of Kakashi's thought process, Ursa focuses on the mirrors surrounding her and her two teammates. She knows that neither Sasuke or Naruto have ever killed a person, neither has she, but she will willingly do so if it means protecting the two of them. She likes Haku, she does, he's a pure character who's often underrated, but right now, he's her enemy. She has no room to be soft hearted.

Spreading her arms, she repeats her previous actions of aiding Sasuke's fire jutsu as Naruto creates another bombardment of clones. Like last time it doesn't do anything, no difference at all. Though, before they can catch their breath, Haku throws another wave of senbons towards them.

Gritting her teeth as needles pierce her skin, she moves quickly and creates the needed hand signs for her jutsu. She releases chakra just as she throws her arms in opposing directions, opening her palms.

"Wind Style: Slashing Wind Skill," she grits though her teeth as a needle pierces above her collarbone.

Like before, the wind protects both Naruto and Sasuke, forcing the needles back. Since she's standing between them, she recieves the least protection while needles still prick at her skin. Closing her eyes, Ursa focuses on pushing more chakra through her hands rather than on the pain. With that final push of wind, all the needles crash on the mirrors before falling uselessly on the floor.

She huffs in exhaustion, the chakra useage finally catching up to her as she pulls out the senbons. She carefully pulls at the needles, but she does it quickly. She winces at the pain, but doesn't blink an eye before continuing. Needles were nothing to her, she wasn't scared of them. Heck, as a child, she played with them, always pricking the skin of her nailbeds, or in the tips of her fingers. There's also the familiar pain of accidently stabbing her fingers while sewing. So, overall, the pain didn't bother her.

"Damn! Hey Sasuke, all we're doing is running around," Naruto huffs, growing tired as he takes a knee to the floor.

"Be quiet and get up! I can't watch over you, too," Sasuke replies sharply.

She scoffs. "'Too?' You don't need to watch over me, Sasuke, I can protect myself. Heh, from the way you're looking, it seems that I need to watch over you," she smirks, trying to lighten the mood.