Chapter 12 : Guilty

DISCLAIMER: WHY DO I EVEN TRY TO EXPLAIN, I DON'T OWN NARUTO AND I NEVER WILL - AT LEAST NOT IN THIS EXISTENCE!

SONG: Believer by CYN

CHAPTER TWELVE: GUILTY
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

URSA's POV
THE SENSE OF frigid ice temperatures ran through my veins and for the first time, I actually believed that I was dead. My body felt like it was being weighed down my anchors, or that my skin was becoming encased in cement; I was stiff. Opening my eyes was almost impossible, not because I had eyes lashes stabbing at my corneas, but because they felt permanently glued.

However, once I did open my eyes, I saw myself in a darkened room. There was barely any light, almost like if it was the lasting minutes of dusk bleeding in to the night. No moon, no lights, just the fleeting hues of the sun, that's how it seemed. Underneath me was a pool of freezing water, murky, like it belonged to a swamp.

Was this death? Is the warm light really just a hoax? Or was I just one of the few people who would never expirence the welcoming warmth?

After all, there is the possibility that Hell actually freezes over rather than being a burning inferno.

Breathing, I could feel my teeth chatter as my exhales turn to visible wisps of cool air. Glancing with purple eyes, I find nothing, but an empty void. Just freezing waters and darkness. The darkness doesn't deter me, I used to sit in the absolute dark and just listen to music. The lack of light was my sense of comfort. Though, right now, this has certain eerie tone to it - making the hair on my skin prickle.

It's haunting.

That's not all. As I continue treading through the frozen waters, hushed whispers reach my ears. Different voices lapping over one another. They sound garbled, painful - there's cries of anguish. The sounds alone make my stomach twist, but I stay silent. They almost sound like what I imagine the rivers of the underworld to be like.

I could call out, but from watching horror films, I know that's purely idiotic. So, here I am shakingly inhaling a breath and trying to calm down.

"It's just death, nothing to worry about."

"Each step is closer to you dying."

"When hell freezes over? Well it just did."

"Dying is like sleeping...so, go to sleep."

"I said close your eyes."

"Go. To. Sleep!"

"Join us!"

"Stay with us!"

"There's no way out!"

The water seemed to grow even more violent. Its temeperature dropped so much more with every voice. By the last one, my skin was practically burning with the frozen waters. The water dripping on my skin was turning to instant frost.

My exhales were pufts of clouds, so white and visible that it seemed that I was breathing smoke. My skin was too cold, my insides felt like they were literally freezing to the core.

It felt like death was clutching at my heart, a grip so tight and icy.

"No one escapes death!"

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

I WAKE UP with a startled gasp, eyes wide, heart pounding in my chest. Fear runs through my veins as I could still feel an icy chill on my skin. When I realize my surroundings, I notice snow falling from the skies.