Chapter 16: The Testing Trials

DISCLAIMER: AM I A FLYING MAGICAL UNICORN SHOOTING RAINBOWS OUT OF MY ASS, NO I AM NOT! AND I ALSO DON'T OWN NARUTO!

Cigarette Daydream by Cage The Elephant

Chapter 16: The Testing Trials
_________________________________________________________________________________________

URSA's POV
WITH A NEWFOUND knowledge about my late clan, I found some answers to my constant whirlwind of questions. Sure, what I found wasn't enough to quench my thirst, but it was enough to satisfy me. However, that won't stop me from finding more information.

After all, I have a Doujutsu and I know nothing on how to awaken it. Henzuru, when activated, my eyes turn to a glowing shade of purple with a golden pupil and border around it, and that allows me to alter the memories of those I make eye contact with - Well, if I want to.

Sighing, I get up from my bed and do my morning routine. Showering in the warm water, my mind still continues to whirl, but this time it's for the upcoming Chunin Exams. Lathering the, newly bought, rain scented products on my body, I ponder...

Am I going to take the exams with the rest of the team? Am I even a candidate?

What if I'm doing it as a solo participant? Will I get assigned temporary teammates - other Leaf Genins who haven't passed their last times?

How will I gather the answers to the written test?

Shaking my head, I rinse myself clean and turn off the water, exiting the shower. Once that's done, I dry my body with my towel and change into my clothes. However, my eyes do linger on the scars decorating my upper abdomen.

Sure, I may have acted like I was okay with dying, or this case, being put in a state of death. However, I found myself experiencing slight episodes of PTSD. Who wouldn't? It was pretty traumatic to practically die. I sometimes found myself waking up in breathless gasps in the two weeks we spent in the Wave Country to finish the bridge. I had nightmares of that fugue state of death, the icy coldness, the demonic whispers. I even had nightmares of Haku's anbu mask, of him killing me. The lack of sleep was nothing new in that moment, but the fear, the anxiety, that was new. It led to me isolating myself, to be detached, and I busied myself in reading.

Though, with the interrogation thrown in the mix, I was hostile and even more detached. Sure, I was a master at social isolation, but to be emotionally detached in fear that I might lash out, I was trapping myself. I was, and am, bottling it in. If I'm not careful, the emotions that are bursting at the seams will explode, and I might accidently harm someone. Or worse, a teammate. A friend.

If that happened, I would totally hate myself for it.

I sigh dejectedly, the wonders of being a shinobi, fantastic.

Brushing my short curls, I then tie the white headband proudly on my forehead. Looking at my reflection on the mirror of my bathroom vanity, I try to smile, but it comes out as a grimace. Rolling my eyes, I change my expression to my stoic look, or more specifically, my resting bitch face.

It makes me wonder, when I was younger my face was so soft and radiant, but now, it's dark and full of frown lines - too hardened. I guess that's life, I scoff.

Turning away, I walk into the living room and slip on my shoes that were resting next to the small couch. Once I get everything I need, I leave my small apartment and walk down the flights of stairs. Sure, Naruto lives in the level above me, but it's not entitled of me to get him, plus walking up the stairs is too much work.