~2~ The Move

Alex's POV
"You're WHAT?"
"He got me pregnant. And I've always wanted kids. I want this baby. But I don't want him to know it's his. It's not the babies fault."
"Uhhhh okay. Umm. I don't know what to say right now."
"Me neither really. I just don't want to tell anyone yet. I'm actually really worried though. I can't do this alone. I can't raise a baby alone."
"It won't be alone. You will have me. I know you probably mean a boyfriend or something, but I'm just as good. I will help you through all of this."
"Thank you." I leaned over and hugged her again.
"So, Rebecca is moving out today actually because she has to go back home to Tennessee. Would you maybe want to come live with me?" A smile lit up my face. She continued on.
"I know it's smaller than this house, but there are two extra bedrooms so you can have one, and if you want to stay there after the baby comes, they will have a room too."
"Yes! Absolutely yes! It has always been a dream of mine to live with a best friend."
"Okay well I will call and plan the moving for everything because I know that stress is not good for a baby, and moving is one of the most stressful things in the world."
"You have no idea how much this means. Thank you so much!"
Later that day, the movers came. I had them move all of my stuff and some furniture for my new room. The rest I was going to leave for Caleb. It was all his junk anyway. I drove over to the house once I finished talking to them and met Katie in the driveway.
"Hey! Oh my gosh I am so excited!" I ran up to her.
"Me too. Rebecca just left so the room is all cleared out. Do you want to go look at it before the movers get here?"
"Yes." I followed her into the house and into a big room in the hallway on the left.
"This is the biggest room in the house. She insisted on having it and I couldn't take her complaining anymore so I gave in. Do you like it?"
"I love it! How much do I owe you for rent each month?"
"Oh no! You just worry about saving up money for the baby."
"Are you sure? I can help a little bit."
"Yes, I am sure. Now go tell the movers where you want to put everything." I smiled at her, and walked back outside, where I was greeted by the movers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We got everything set up that night, and I was all settled in. I didn't need to worry about telling anyone else about me being pregnant because my parents died in a house fire when I was younger and my brother abandoned me once I was 18 and he hasn't talked to me since.
I heard a knock on my door, and Katie came inside.
"Hey. Are you up to go out tomorrow? I want you to meet a friend of mine. I think you'll like him."
"Yeah. Sure. Are you trying to set me up for a date?"
"Maybe. He's a good guy and even if you guys don't attract towards each other, you can lean on him when I'm not here. I think you need some more people to help you out through this. Plus, I can't protect you if Caleb comes here. I don't think he knows where you are though. So are you up to it?"
"Yes. I'd love to meet him. What's his name?"
"Sam Golbach."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther