~18~ Going Home

Alex's POV
  The next morning, the doctor came in, and said that we would be released in a few hours. They still needed to do a few tests on Dylan to make sure everything was okay. A nurse took him for his hearing test, and he passed. She came back, and said that he was all healthy, and that we could leave now.
  Sam grabbed the baby bag, and I got Dylan. Sam put me in a wheelchair, and wheeled me down to the car. I put Dylan in his car seat, and sat in the backseat with him while Sam drove us home.
  Katie had stopped by our place, and got Bear earlier. I actually really wanted him here. We walked inside with Dylan, and I laid down on the couch with him. He was awake, and he was sucking on his pacifier. I had fed him at the hospital, so he wouldn't be hungry for a few hours.
"Let me take him. You go get some sleep."
"I'm not tired. It's his first day home. I want to spend time with him."
"He needs sleep though. He's a newborn. We can sit out here, and watch something. We have a baby monitor. He should get some sleep.
"Oh, you're right. You're always right."
  I got up, and carried him to his nursery. I put him in the bed, and I stood beside him for awhile.
"Hey. Are you coming back?" Sam walked up to me, and put his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder.
"Yeah. I like watching him. He's so cute, and so small."
"Trust me, you'll get enough time with him. He sleeps now, he'll be awake all night long."
"Yep. I do miss Bear being here though."
"Me too. He can come back whenever you want. Katie is coming by later today. She's not bringing Bear, but I can ask her to."
"Not yet. It's too soon. He's too small. If Bear were to hurt him-"
"He won't. We'll wait a week or two. But I know Bear won't do anything to hurt him."
"Okay. So Katie's coming by today?"
"Yeah. She's upset that she couldn't come by the hospital, but I told her getting Bear was important."
"Yeah. I can't wait for her to see Dylan."
  We walked out, and headed to the living room so we wouldn't wake Dylan. I sat down in the couch, and crossed my legs.
"When will she be here?"
"Next few hours most likely. How are you feeling?" He came over, and sat down next to me. He put his arm around me, and I laid my head on his chest.
"Very uncomfortable with my body after giving birth, but I'll live I guess. Doctor said I should be back to normal in 6 weeks or so.
"That's good. Are you in pain?"
"Not really."
"Good. Hey, why did you want colby to be The Godfather?"
"Because I know how close you both are to each other. I love your friendship, and I want Colby to continue being close to you. Since you met me, I haven't heard you talk much about Colby, or hang out with him much."
"Yeah. I know. I wanted to be by your side through the pregnancy."
"And thank you for that. But I can handle the baby for a few hours sometime. You go out and hang out with your friends."
"Okay. I'm not going out today definitely though. He's only a day old."
"You're going to have a life besides me and Dylan."
"You and Dylan are my life."
"Colby is too."
"Well he's not going anywhere. I love you. Everything is fine."
"I love you too."
  He kissed the top of my head, and then the door bell rang. Sam got up, and answered it.
"Hey come in." Katie walked inside.
"Where's the baby?"
"He's sleeping in his room."
"Oh. How are you feeling?" She came over and sat next to me.
"I'm fine. Thank you for asking."
  I heard Dylan start to cry from the baby monitor, so I started to get up.
"I wanna get him!" Katie jumped up, and walked down the hall towards Dylan's room.
"Okay then." I leaned back into the couch. Dylan stopped crying, and Katie came walking down the hall, cradling him.
"He's such a precious thing." She said.
"I love him more than anything." I said. Sam smiled. Katie came over to the couch, and sat back down where she was before next to me.
"When do you want me to bring Bear back?"
"I'm not sure. When Dylan is a bit bigger. A week or two. I'm just scared because he is so small and Bear is a big dog."
"I'll keep him as long as you want."
"Thank you. I know you'll take good care of him for me."
  She was rocking Dylan, and he fell asleep on her chest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther