~17~ The Baby

Sam's POV
I was cleaning up the house while Alex was in bed. Dylan should have been here yesterday. It's August 16th now. It was early in the morning, Alex was still sleeping.
I watched Bear go outside and I went to the laundry room to rotate the clothes.
"Sam!" I heard Alex yell, and I could tell she was in pain. I ran to the room.
"What's wrong?"
"My water broke."
I ran over to her, and helped her out of bed. She looked like she was about to pass out. I grabbed the baby's bag, and I helped her to the car. I drove to the hospital while she was breathing heavily in the passenger seat.
We got to the hospital, and I went inside to get a wheelchair. I brought Alex inside, and told the nurse she was in labor. They took her back, and I followed them.
"I'm going to give you some pain medicine. It won't hurt the baby." The nurse said.
They gave her some pain medication, and Alex seemed to calm down a bit. A female doctor came in, and said she was ready to start pushing. I held her hand throughout the whole thing.
~Time skip to after he's born~
Alex was sweaty, and they took Dylan to clean him off. They brought him back a few minutes later, and handed him to Alex. He was wrapped up in a blue blanket.
Alex's POV
They handed me Dylan. He was crying. I wrapped my arms around him, and rocked him. He calmed down, and stopped crying. Sam was looking at him from over my shoulder. There was a glimmer in his eyes. I could tell he really loved Dylan.
"Do you want to hold him?"
"Yes." I carefully handed him to Sam, and Dylan looked like he was about to fall asleep.
"I love him." Sam said.
He was 5.3 pounds and 18 inches long. He was born at 11:48 AM. The doctors told me that I lost more blood than I should have, so they were going to give me some blood. Dylan and I were going to stay at the hospital until tomorrow.
They moved us into a patient room. Sam held Dylan for a long time. I kissed him on the head before I fell asleep.
Sam's POV
Alex was exhausted, so I took Dylan, and Alex took a nap. Dylan was the cutest baby I'd ever seen. He has blue eyes. He didn't have any hair yet, but I assumed it would be brown. Alex had dark brown hair.
I put Dylan down in his bed, and called Katie, and our friends. I knew they would all show up. I took a nap in the chair they had in the corner next to the window. When I woke up, Alex was awake, talking to Devyn.
I looked up and everyone was here. Besides Katie. Alex and Devyn had gotten really close. Colby was holding Dylan. I stood up, and walked up to him.
"Congrats man." Colby said.
"Thanks."
"What did you guys decide to name him?" He looked at me and Alex, and everyone was looking at us for an answer.
"Dylan." Alex said.
"I liked that name. Hi baby Dylan." Colby said, looking down at him.
"How are you feeling babe?" I walked over to Alex, and she smiled, looking over at Colby and Dylan.
"I feel okay. I'm still a little tired though."
Colby walked over to her, and handed Dylan to her.
"He's so cute." Devyn said.
"Congratulations guys. I really need to get going though." Elton said.
"Me too. I'll come over to the house and visit some time." Colby said.
Amanda, Devyn, Corey, and Aaron were still here.
"Babe, when do you want to have kids?" Corey asked Devyn.
"Not yet. In a few years maybe. For now we can just spoil Dylan." They laughed.
Colby and Elton were about to walk out.
"Colby! Wait!" Alex stopped him, and he walked over to the bed.
"Do you want to be Dylan's godfather?"
"I would love to. Thank you."
"Katie is the godmother, and the rest of you will be like aunts and uncles."
"I'm already the crazy uncle that does stupid stuff." Elton said, and we all laughed.
"Thank you for stopping by uncle." Alex said. Colby and Elton walked out.
"He's so adorable. Can I hold him?" Aaron said.
"Of course. Be careful." Alex handed Aaron Dylan, and he walked over to the chair, and sat down.
"Why isn't Katie here?" I asked.
"She's at work right now. She said she's gonna stop by our house and get Bear. She will visit us once we get home." Alex said.
"Oh okay."
They all stay for a bit longer, and everyone got their chance to hold Dylan. They left about an hour later, and Alex fell asleep soon after. I held Dylan for awhile, then put him to bed, and fell asleep myself. He was a really good baby. He didn't cry barely at all, and he went to sleep as soon as I put him to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther