~14~ The Nursery

Alex's POV
  We invited Katie over to paint. I shouldn't be around the fumes of the paint. So I went to pick up some stuff for the room. I was 30 weeks now, but Devyn came with me to help.
  We got a crib, a car seat, bottles, and a little seat he could sleep in, in our room until he got a bit bigger. We stopped and bought coffee for everyone, & Devyn drove me home.
  Sam came out to carry everything in, then Devyn left. I went inside, and sat down. They said the room was almost dry, so I snuggled with Bear for a few minutes.
"Okay. It's dry. Do you want to come see it?"
"Yeah." 
  I followed Katie to the room, and walked inside. Sam was sitting on the ground, reading the directions to the crib. The walls were a mix between light green and light blue. I loved it.
"I love this color."
"I knew you would." Sam replied. He looked up and smiled at me.
"Can I help you put that together?"
"Sure. Just sit down with me."
  Sam and I worked together on the crib, and Katie brought everything I'd bought into the room.
"Can we bring the rocking chair in here from the other room?"
"Yeah. Katie, can you get that?"
"Sure. Be right back."
  Sam and I finished putting together the crib. It was white, but the rocking chair was too, so it looked okay. Katie and Sam finished setting up the room. It looked amazing when they were done.
"Do you like it?"
"I love it. Thank you guys so much."
"Your welcome. I'd do anything for you. I have to get going. I'm gonna say goodbye to Bear." Katie said.
"Okay. Love you Kat."
"You too!"
  She kissed Bear, and left. Sam stood next to me and we looked around at the room.
"Do you like how it turned out Sammy?"
"Yeah. I do. I really do."
"Let's go lay down. Help me up."
  He helped me up out of the rocking chair, and we walked to our room and laid down.
"We still have a lot of stuff we need to get before the baby comes."
"I know. I can go get the rest tomorrow. You should stay here and rest. He'll be here before we know it."
  I turned over and looked at him.
"We should start thinking of baby names." I said.
"What sounds good to you?"
"I was thinking Dylan. But I'm not sure. What do you think?"
"I like Dylan."
"We have a few weeks to think about it. We don't have to decide today."
"I know. I want to be prepared for him though. But I know nothing about caring for a baby."
"Me neither. But we will learn. It will be okay. Katie knows a lot about it. She can help."
"Yeah."
"I can't wait until he's here."
"Me neither. I don't care if I'm not the biological father. This is my baby."
  He put his hand on my stomach, and kissed my on the cheek. Then, he put his ear to my stomach.
"Hey buddy. I can't wait to meet you. We're waiting for you out here. Mommy and daddy love you."
  He talked to the baby for awhile longer, until it was time for us to go to sleep. Bear was laying at the foot of the bed.
"Come here Bear."
  He got up and walked over to me. I scratched his chin, and he wagged his tail. Sam pulled him up in the bed. Sam had his arm around me, and I had my arm around Bear. We fell asleep like this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther