~16~ Hospital

Alex POV -August 2nd
  They took me back, and put me in a room. Sam walked in with the doctor. The doctor did an ultrasound.
"Well. It looks like everything is okay. It's just like false contractions. You will know when the real ones start. But I am putting you on bed rest. You should go into labor in the next few weeks. Your old due date was August 28th. I am moving it up. He seems to be maturing a bit sooner. So I'm going to set it for August 15th."
"Okay. What can she do while she's in bed rest?"
"She can only get up to go to the bathroom. Everything else will be done in bed."
"Okay. So the baby is okay?"
"Yeah. He is perfectly healthy. He's just making his way to getting out."
"Okay thank you doctor."
"Your welcome. You can go home now. And stay off your feet."
Sam's POV
  I wheeled Alex down and out to the car. A nurse took the wheelchair back inside and we left.
"I think we should name him Dylan."
"You really like that name don't you?"
"Yeah. Do you?"
"Yeah. I like it too."
  We arrived at home, and I helped her inside and into the bed. I brought her some stuff to keep her occupied. Her favorite book, Stolen, and I moved the TV in there from the extra room. She also had her phone.
"How are you feeling?"
"Better. I don't like sitting in bed all day. But I'll do it if it means keeping him healthy."
"Yep. And I am not letting you get up unless you have to."
"I know you won't. You've been watching my every move since I told you I was pregnant."
"Yep. Gotta keep our baby healthy."
"Our baby." She smiled and looked down at the blankets.
"I love you Alex."
"I love you too Sammy. Can you do me a favor?"
"Anything."
"Go get the stuff out of the dryer and bring it to me. I wanna fold some clothes."
"Okay. I'll be right back."
  I went and got the clothes, and grabbed a couple of waters for us. I went back to the room, and set down the basket in front of her on the bed. I sat down next to her and started folding clothes with her.
"I'm worried."
"About what?"
"Bear has never seen a baby before. What if he hurts Dylan?"
"Bear is the sweetest dog I've ever met. He won't."
"We don't know that."
"Why don't we have Katie take him for a few days after the baby is born? Then when you're ready, we can have Bear meet Dylan."
"That would make me feel better."
"Okay. I'll go ahead and ask her just in case she can't."
Alex's POV
  Sam went to call Katie, and I finished folding the clothes. I didn't know what I would do for the next two weeks. You can only watch so much TV. Sam walked into the room as I was putting the folded clothes back into the basket.
"She said she'll take him whenever. And if Bear doesn't like Dylan, she will keep him."
"I knew she would. Thank you for doing that for me."
"I'd do anything for you."
"We need some diapers and formula before he gets here."
"I'll run out later and get some stuff. Aren't you going to breast feed?"
"Yeah. But I want formula just in case too."
"Okay. Make me a list, and I'll go get some stuff. Will you be okay her alone for a few hours?"
"Yeah I'll be fine. Thank you baby."
  He took the list I made out. He started to walk out.
"Wait."  He turned around.
"Can you put Bear on the bed with me?"
"Sure."
"And gimme a kiss."
  He chuckled and picked Bear up to set him on the bed. He leaned over and kissed me on the lips.
"Be careful." I said.
"I should say the same thing to you. I'll try to hurry."
  He left, and I pulled Bear up towards me. He laid down, with his head on my stomach and we both fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther