~3~ Samuel

I woke up to Katie shaking me.
"Get up. Sam will be here in an hour for us to all go get breakfast. You need to get ready."
"Ughhh I want to sleep though."
I got up almost immediately though, because I was excited to meet Sam. I crawled out of bed and went to my closet. I put on some blue jean-leggings and a black shirt. I put my shoes on and did my hair, and I was ready to go. By that time it was 7:47. Sam was picking us up at 8.
"Kat! Are you ready?" I called her by the nickname I gave her. I was the only one who called her that.
"Not yet! I'm in the middle of straightening my hair. I will be done by the time he gets here."
I sat down on the couch in the living room when the doorbell rang. I hoped it wasn't Sam yet. I got up and opened the door
"Hey. Are you Sam?"
"Yeah. You're Alex right?"
"Yeah. Katie is still doing her hair. Come in and I'll go tell her to hurry up."
"You don't have to tell her that. We can just sit and talk til she's done."
"Oh okay. I will tell her you are here though."
My heart was racing. He was extremely cute and very nice. I walked to her bathroom and knocked.
"Sam's here."
"Shit! He's early. I'll be out soon."
"Okay."
I walked back to the living room and Sam was sitting on the couch looking at his phone.
"She will be out soon."
"Okay." I sat down near him and he put his phone down.
"How long have you known Katie? She hasn't really mentioned you until last night. But we hadn't been hanging out as much lately though too."
"I've known her for about a year actually. She talks about you a lot."
"Oh okay. Is Sam a nickname?"
"Yeah. My real name is Samuel. But I always liked going by Sam. What about you? Do you have a nickname?"
"No. Not really. You can't really get anything out of Alex."
"Yeah. I guess not. That sucks."
"Yeah it does."
"Do you know Colby? Or any of our other friends? Or did she just mention me?"
"She only mentioned you. Tell me about your
other friends."
"Well there's Colby. He's been my best friend since middle school. Then there's Elton. He's older than us, but he's a really nice guy. He does crazy stuff all the time. He has a bucket list of a bunch of insane things. And sometimes Colby and I will join him on his adventures. Then there's Corey and Devyn. They live together and they're dating. Devyn really likes makeup and Corey is really superstitious about spirits and stuff. He's a really good dancer though. And then there's Aaron. He's really chill and nice. He's got a little dog. Elton does too, but his dog is big. And there's a few more people but those are the ones we hang out with the most."
"That's a lot of people actually. To me, anyway. I've only got Katie. I had a boyfriend but we got into a fight a few days ago and he left so I moved in here with Katie. I've known Katie since we were little."
He was about to say something else, but Katie walked into the room.
"Hey. Are you ready to go Kat?"
"Kat? I didn't know anyone called you that."
"Yeah I'm ready. And yeah. Alex gave me that nickname a few years ago. She's the only one that calls me that."
"I love that. Okay so are y'all both ready?"
"Yeah. Let's go." We both said.
"Who wants to drive?"
"I don't know where we are going." I said
"I'll drive. I love driving for some reason."
Katie drove us to Denny's. When we got there, we all went inside and sat down in a booth. Sam ordered some blueberry pancakes. Katie ordered bacon and eggs. I ordered strawberry and banana pancakes.
"What did you guys talk about while I was finishing getting ready?"
"Oh, he just told me about your other friends. You know, Colby and Elton and them. They sound like really interesting people."
"Yeah they are. All of them are some of the nicest people you'd ever meet. Really accepting of EVERYONE."
She emphasized the word 'everyone'. I guess to tell me they wouldn't care that I was pregnant. I really liked Sam, so I hoped that was true.
"So, where have you been hiding Sam this whole time Katie? Huh?"
I nudged her and smiled.
"I told you you'd like him."
~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~
*After breakfast*
"Hey Alex, hold up."
Katie continued to walk into the house, and I waited for Sam to catch up.
"Would you like to go on a date with me sometime?"
"Yeah. I would. Would tonight work for you?"
"Yeah. That's great. Give me your phone."
I handed him my phone and he put his number in.
"Text me or call me when you're ready. I only live about 5 minutes from here so it wouldn't be long of a drive."
"Okay. What should I wear?"
"Something casual. It's just a simple date so I can get to know you more. Don't worry about anything."
"I'll see you tonight." I smiled and went inside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther