~15~ The Baby Shower

Katie's POV
  I was planning a baby shower for Alex. We didn't have many female friends. There would only be Alex, Devyn, Amanda, and me. Alex didn't like big get togethers though. I told Devyn and Amanda that I would be hosting it at my house.
  I got blue balloons and streamers and set it all up. I had snacks and drinks set out. Devyn and Amanda would be here in half an hour. I hadn't got a present yet, so I ran out and got something for her.
  Devyn and Amanda pulled into the driveway shortly after I came home.
"Do you want to come with me to get her?"
"We can stay here."
  They put their gifts on the coffee table in the living room, and I left to get Alex. She didn't know about the baby shower yet. I drove over to their house, and knocked on the door. I heard Bear bark.
Alex's POV
"Babe. Katie is here. She has a surprise for you."
"Oh. Fun."
  I walked out and she was standing at the door.
"You're coming with me. Let's go."
  I slipped on my shoes, and kissed Sam and Bear goodbye. Katie walked me down to the car.
"Where are we going?"
"My place."
"What for?"
"Do you know what a surprise is? It's a secret for a reason."
"Is it a baby shower?"
"Damn you. Why are you so good at guessing?"
"Cause I'm amazing. So it is a baby shower then?"
"Yeah..."
"Yay."
"It's not a big get together though. Just a few people."
"I like it better that way."
  We pulled into her driveway, and Katie helped me out of the car. We walked inside, and Devyn and Amanda jumped out from the living room.
"Surprise!"
  They both came over and hugged me.
"Thank you guys."
"I got chocolate cake." Katie said.
"Good I'm hungry."
  We all ate cake, and talked about the baby.
"It's a boy right?" Amanda asked.
"Yeah. It's a boy."
"What are you going to name him?"
"Sam and I are really leaning towards Dylan."
"Oh okay."
"How many weeks are you?"
"34."
"Everything's okay with the baby right?" Devyn asked.
"Yeah. I've just been hurting a bit lately. The doctor said that could happen though. And unless something feels wrong or it really hurts I should be fine."
"Okay."
"We got the nursery set up recently. It's adorable."
"Aww. I can't wait to see it." Amanda said.
"Okay. Time for presents!" Katie interrupted.
"Mine first!" Devyn got up and grabbed the present then handed it to me.
  I opened the bag, and pulled out a batman onesie.
"Aww it's adorable."
"There's more."
  I pulled out another onesie with Nemo on it, and an outfit with blue and white stripes on it.
"They're so cute. Thank you."
  I hugged her, and Amanda gave me her present. I opened it up, and it was a $100 gift card to Babies-R-Us.
"I wasn't sure what to get and I thought that would be more useful than anything else I could get."
"Thank you."
  I hugged her, and Katie gave me something. It was more baby clothes with snowmen on them.
"Thank you guys so much."
  Suddenly, I doubled over, and held my stomach in pain.
"OWW!"
"Are you okay?!" Katie said. They all ran to my side.
"Take me to the hospital."
  Katie called Sam, while Devyn and Amanda helped me to the car. Katie drove me to the hospital, and told me Sam was on his way there. Once we arrived, Katie ran in and got a wheelchair. She came back out with a nurse.
Sam's POV
  I got a call from Katie.
"Hello?"
"We are taking Alex to the hospital. Meet us there."
"What's wrong?"
"I'm not sure."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther