~7~ The Appointment

Alex's POV
"Hey Katie. Are you doing anything today?"
"No. I was just going to stay home and hang out with you today."
"I actually have a doctors appointment for the baby. They have an ultrasound scheduled for me. Can you come with me? Please? It's my first appointment and I am nervous."
"Of course I can come with you. When is it?"
"2:45."
"Yeah. I will be ready by then. Don't worry. It will all be fine."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey! Time to go! Are you ready Katie?"
"Yeah. Let's go."
"I will drive. Let's take my car."
  She grabbed her keys and we got into her car. She started the car, and we were on our way.
"Are you nervous?"
"Extremely. What if the baby isn't healthy? What if I have twins? What if-"
"Quit worrying. I am sure everything is going to be fine. Now hush. We are here."
We walked inside and I checked in. We sat down and waited for my name to be called.
"Alex" A woman came out.
"Yes?"
"She will see you now." I followed her down a hall and into a small room.
"Stay in here. Dr. Moody will be in here shortly."
"Okay. Thank you."
She left the room, and I laid down on the bed/chair thing. I wasn't really sure what to call it. I heard two knocks, and a woman came into the room.
"Hello, I'm Dr. Moody. I'm here to do your ultrasound."
"Okay."
  She walked over to me and got something out.
"Lift up your shirt please. This will be cold." I lifted it up, and she put some blue gel on the bottom of my stomach. It was really cold. She put the wand on it, and moved it around. There was a picture on the screen. It was blurry, and you couldn't see really what it was.
"Well, your baby looks healthy. Looks to be about 10 weeks. Does that sound correct?"
"Yes. Can you tell the gender yet?"
"No. Not yet. But it looks like you won't be having twins or anything like that. You should make another appointment for a month from now."
"Okay. Thank you."
"Do you have any questions?"
"I'm sure I do, but I can't think of any right now."
"Okay dear, If anything seems off, or you get hurt, come in right away."
"I will. Thank you so much."
"Schedule that appointment with the woman at the front desk. Do you know where that is?"
"Yes. Thanks."
  She handed me some papers. I gave the green sheet to the woman up front.
"Coming back in 1 month?"
"Yes."
  I started looking through the other papers she gave me. They were all information about pregnancy.
"Here. Your appointment is on this card. Have a good day."
"Thank you. You too."
  We walked out, and went home. Once we got home, we went inside and sat down on the couch.
"I am so relieved that the baby is okay. I wish she could tell the sex of the baby though."
"Do you want it to be a boy or a girl?"
"Honestly, I don't know."
"Well I hope it's a girl."
  I smiled at the thought of holding my baby.
"Should I text Sam and tell him?"
"You should call him and tell him."
"Okay."
  I walked back to my room. Bear followed me and I closed the door after he came inside. I called Sam.
"Hello Alex."
"Hey Sam. I just wanted to call and tell you I had my first Appointment for the baby."
"Oh. That's great. How did it go?"
"It went good. She said that I was about 10 weeks and that the baby was perfectly healthy."
"That's awesome."
"Yeah. I'm so relieved that the baby is okay."
"Me too."
"Hey, umm, Do you want to come over later? And maybe watch a movie or something."
"Sure. I will be over in an hour."
"Okay. I will see you then. Bye."
"Bye."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I heard a knock on the door, and Bear barked. Katie had went to visit her brother in Arizona. She wouldn't be back for a few days. I went to open the door.
"Hey Sam. Come in."
"Thanks." He came inside and was greeted by Bear.
"You know you don't have to knock. You can just come in. I'm sure Bear will let me know you are here."
"Okay. Thanks. Hey Boy." He was scratching Bear's head.
"He really likes you. He usually doesn't run up to people like that unless it's me or Katie."
"I like him too. Do you know why he's so scared of new people?"
"I think it's because Caleb hit him a few times. I saw Caleb do it once when he thought I wasn't around. So I tried to keep Bear away from him as much as possible."
"I really don't like this guy."
"Me neither. Can't change the past though. Can only hope for the future."
"That's a good way to look at stuff."
"Do you want to watch a movie?"
"Sure. I'm really glad the baby is healthy."
"I'm so relieved. I go back in a month for another checkup. What do you want to watch? We have Netflix."
"You pick."
He sat down on the couch, and I went to get us waters. I came back and turned on A Haunting In Silver Falls.
"Hey where's Katie at?"
"Oh. She is visiting her brother in Arizona for the weekend. She should be back Monday or Tuesday."
"Okay. So you have the whole house to yourself for a few days?"
"Yeah."
I sat down next to him and he put his arm around me. Bear came up to me, so I pulled him up on the couch. He laid on my lap with his head leaning up against my stomach.
"Do you think dogs know when their owners are pregnant?"
"I think they do. He seems to like being near my stomach lately. He use to not do that. He usually slept at my feet."
I smiled at Bear, and I looked over at Sam. He cupped my face and leaned in until our lips were almost touching. I closed the space between us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther