T W E N T Y S E V E N

What am I going to say?

I guess that doesnt matter if no one answers. I dont bother to leave a voicemail. I shouldnt have called him anyway.

I just need to sleep. Im getting delusional.

••••••

I woke up the next morning and decided to go on a run since it was only 6am and I couldnt sit still. I left a note on the counter if someone woke up. I hooked mouse's collar and headed out. I listened to a mix of artists than helped pump me up. Most of it was 80s though. It was a sunny morning, wich made me happy.

I jogged leisurely through the neighborhood. Diffrent sights reminded me of childhood memories I had. I missed being a child in Kentucky. I missed not having to worry about money, food, shelter, and relationships. Not caring what others thought or what I wanted to do with my life. I missed coming home from school and and playing outside for hours until our parents told us it was time for diner. And then going back outside to play night games with neighbors.

I see another person running towards me. When he comes closer I realised who it is. I stop, as he does.

"Alex!" He steps in for a hug.

"Martin! How have you been? I havent seen you in years!" I look him up and down. I remeber back when I dated him and he was extremly fit because of football. After he quit and we stoped dating he gained a lot of weight. But he was ripped now. More ripped than Logan.

"Yeah, yeah, Im great. How are you? Ive heard your starting a music career," He says also checking me out.

"Im good, I am accually working on a album right now,"

"So why did you come back to Kentucky, it sounds like you head a pretty good setup in LA," He asks.

"Yeah, yeah, I do. I just have been pretty stressed lately and thought coming home would be a nice mental break," I say, trying to get Logan out of my head.

"Why have you been stressed?" Does he have to ask that?

"Um, I-I just went through a pretty devastating break up, and Im kind of
.... stuck," I finaly say. He is quiet for a second.

"Hey, you look really good!" He changes the mood.

"You too. You look like you did back when we dated. So muscular!" He thanks me for my compliment.

"Hey we should get together while Im home!" I say.

"Yeah yeah, what are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing do you want to meet up at Jackie's at seven?" I ask again. Martin agrees and we say our goodbyes.

-

When I get home from my run my dad is starting to make some pancakes. I decide to hop in the shower before the pancakes are done. I get back downstairs and Aaron and Andrew are there already. They are inhaling the pancakes so quickly. I sit down getting some before they are all gone. They are annoying, but I love them.

"Hey I ran into Martin on my run today," I start.

"Really? I have seen him around running lately," Mom comes from her lounge and sits next to me.

"Yeah, we are going to meet at Jackie's tonight for dinner," I say.

"That sounds fun! Get to explore your hometown and catch up with old friends," I nod,finishing my pancakes.

I spent most of the day outside with my brothers, messing around amd inventing games like we used to when we were kids. A twenty-one, twenty-three, and twently-five year old tacking eachother in a back yard.

The sun slowly began to set as we were in the middle of a big game. It didnt have a name yet considering we had made it up, but it was a lot of fun. I checked my watch, noticing I have to be ready to meet Martin in thirty minutes.

"I got fifteen minutes," I say as Andrew throws me the ball. I dodge Aaron and cut back around. He grabs onto my shirt trying to stop me, but I keep going. I throw the ball hitting our makeshift target, getting me the lead. I cheer myself, rubbing it into my brothers' faces before I head in.

I get up to my room and change into a baseball tee and jeans. Soon Martin is pulling up, so I head down the stairs, phone in my back pocket. My parents are making conversation with him when I get to the entry way. My high top converse are tied and Im ready to go.

"I dont want to take up any more of your guys' time," My mom tells. We depart from my parents and get into his old pickup. Old cars have a negative stigma around them, but I love them. They have a feel to them that makes me feel home and country like. Thats what I love about Kentucky. All the towns are small. Everyone knows everyone.

"So what have you been up to? Obviously working out," I say as we pull into Jackie's.

"Haha, yeah thank you! I've been working on starting a construction business," He explains.

"Wow! How is that going?"

"Pretty good, I only have around ten to twenty workers but, we get the job done,"

"Nice,nice," He opens the door for me and I walk in sitting at a booth.

A waitress comes over to give us menus and asks for our drinks. Jackie's is one of thoose 80s-90s dinners that feel like home. My favorite.

"When was the last time you were in Kentucky?" Martin asked.

"Three years ago," I say. Wow.

"Feels like forever ago that we were dating and sneaking out late," He sighs. I nod in agreement. Amazing how fast time flys.

"I miss that," I speak.

"Me too,"

We sit in silence as we look over the menus. Milkshake! Definitely have to get that. The waitress comes back and takes our orders.

"I have missed you," Martin finally speaks.

"Yeah, all the night games we played, nights we snuck out, football games I watched, adventures we took,"

"Especially the adventures," He agreed.

"Remeber when you took me to that mountain peak for our aniversary. And we made out for hours," I laughed.

"Yeah, that was an amazing night," He agrees.

Thanks for reading as ussual guys!
Im finaly getting into somewhat of a uploading scedule...

Make sure to check out my Grayson Dolan fan fic called "Shhh..."!

Dont forget to vote and that ishh

~Marie