T W E N T Y N I N E

Logans POV

I was spending most of my day in my gym. I always drown my problems in heavy workouts. It always works quiet well though.

I was blaring "No Handlebars" only because it was good for the vlog, but the song reminded me of Alex, because I did the vocals back when we were dating.

I heard a knock on what must have been the wall, so I jumped on the treadmil. I didnt realise how much sweat was dripping off my body. I turned around to see Ayla. I havent seen her since the day Alex and I broke up.

I know I have no reason to hate her, because what happened was all my fault, but I was. I would not admit to my faults.

After my short glace at her, my eyes left her again. I grabbed a towel and dried off my soaking face.

"Logan-" Ayla started in a sympathetic tone.

"Ayla please," I took a sip of water.

"Logan, just listen to what I have to say," She begged, twisting the bracelet on her wrist. She did that when she was nervous.

I sat down on the bench and listened.

"I-I am so so so sorry," She paused. I didnt look up at her but I could tell she was crying due to her wimpered tone.

"I took away the one thing that you loved most and ruined your life. Now you have to miserably go through your life, finding no point in exsistance." She wiped her tears. "I know you dont want people to know how you feel, but I understand. I get it. I dont want to be the cause of you feeling this way. You dont deserve this,"

"I know you loved-love, you still love Alex and would do anything to have her back. I have never seen you so passionate about anything or anyone else in my life. You were so good to her. You two were inseparable. Now I broke your only source of joy.... I broke your only source of joy," She repeated in a hushed mutter. I was sick of her apologies. I wanted her to know that I wasnt mad at her, only myslef. But I wouldnt admit I failed.

"Ayla Im not mad at you," I didnt move, keeping my eyes on the ground. The maverick hoodie hiding my eyes. (Always plug)

"You're not?"

"No, it wasnt your fault," And I admitted it. Good job Logan.

"It feels like it is," She was still crying.

I got up and gave her a hug. I didnt want to. I didnt want to get in touch with my emotions either, but if it made her feel better than so be it.

Ayla let me hug her, my arms trapped her small body. The last person I hugged was Alex before this. God I miss her.

•••

Andy, Mike, Evan, and I are all sitting in the backyard around a fire I made. If I'm honest, it's not the best fire in the world, but I tried. The sun had set, and everyone's eyes were on the fire.

We were all silent, listening to the flicker of the fire. It was a beautiful night. I stroked Kong's fluffy hair as he sat in my lap.

Whenever I have time to stop and think, I always find my mind drifting back to Alex. I still miss her more and more everyday. She was who I'm meant to be with. But I'm not who she is meant to be with.

"What are you thinking about Logan?" Evan asked. My head snapped up towards him at his voice.

"Just, uh, Alex," I shuffled around in my chair awkwardly.

"You still miss her don't you?" Mike added. I didn't reply. We all new the answer to that.

"She's better off without me,"

"Logan, you two were meant for eachother. I bet she is thinking the same about you," Andy chimes in.

"Why doesn't she call me then?" I lay back in my chair.

"Why don't you call her?" Mike has a point.

"So you guys think I should?" They exchange glances.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"I don't know, um, she is in a relationship with someone else, and it makes me look like a loner without her," I respond with sass.

"But isn't that what you are?" Evan adds. We all laugh. I walked right into that.

I stand up and walk towards the house. I unlock my phone, dialing Alex's number, that I still know by heart. What's the worst that could happen?

Alex's POV

I wake up the next morning to rain. I was kind of excited, because I felt like a rainy day. Stay inside, read under a blanket. I found the first thing on my mind to be Logan. Then I thought of Gavin. I opened my phone to see a text from him.

Gav: Hey thanks for coming over last night, I had a lot of fun. Sorry if I ruined the night. I got so excited to finally be with you. I'd love to know how you feel.

Sorry for kind of a short chapter, and cliffhanger. Lol.

But remember this book is ending on chapter 35, so 6 more chapters.

Thank y'all for support, and 10k! Happy holidays!

See y'all next week on Christmas eve!!

Peace out my duds

~Marie