TWENTY-THREE*

Twenty-Three

Brettly

She rejected me.

She rejected me.

My mind couldn’t grasp it, my wolf was inconsolable, I didn’t know what to feel anymore.

Yeah, I loved her. But I got why she would do that. I knew exactly what she meant. All these years I was afraid that she wouldn’t end up being my mate, or if we were if I didn’t love her anymore or she didn’t love me. When I found out she was my mate I was too afraid to, too weak to look for something that might not be mine anymore.

She deserved to happy with someone else, as much as I hated to say it, but she did. Not with some piece of shit Alpha like me. She deserved to be mated to the King Alpha or something like that.

I wasn’t worthy for her, or anyone else.

I wasn’t worth anything that I had been given except for the rejection and a bitchy slut for a Luna.

But I wasn’t going to give up, I couldn’t. I could win her back, make her accept me as her mate. We’d be able to live the rest of our lives happy.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Natalia

My eyes fluttered open and I saw that I was surrounded by a big pink thing.

There were a few things wrong with this picture. Firstly, I was inside of something that I don’t ever remember getting into. Secondly, it was pink. Pink was an evil colour. It didn’t go with my skin tone, and it made my hair look washed out.

What demon put me in this thing? I want out and I want out now!

The top of the what-I-was-in began to curl down at the top and instantly the natural began to blind me. However long I had been in here for, sunlight obviously hadn’t gotten inside. I pushed myself up to my elbows and began looking around. This place was unfamiliar, and the pounding in my head wasn’t making it any better.

There was a waterfall in front of me that ran into the stream that flowed through the forest that surrounded this clearing. Beside me I could hear the crackling of fire wood and I turned and saw a lotus bud a few metres away from me with a brightly burning fire between here and there.

Behind me I heard the bushed rattle, and I knew before I turned around who it was. The scent assaulted me and my drowsiness was instantly gone. I turned just in time to see Austin walk into the clearing with a bundle of twigs in his arms. When his gaze found mind the sticks fell to the ground and he ran towards me. Within seconds he had his arms wrapped around me and pressed his face into my neck, taking in my scent like it was going to save him.

I knew that because that was exactly what I was doing to him. It had felt like ages since I had seen him, and my wolf was going absolutely crazy inside of me, getting cozy with Austin’s wolf.

I suddenly felt his lips press against my neck and it sent a wave of pleasure through my system. My wolf began to purr in my head and I held back on the need to beg him for more. Austin pulled away and pressed our foreheads together.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you,” he whispered, his warm breath fanning over my face.

I smiled. “I can probably guess,” I whispered back.

Drowsiness began to flood my head and against my will my eyes began to close, taking in the comfort of being folded in his arms.

When I opened my eyes I was in an unfamiliar room, lying in an unfamiliar bed, with unfamiliar clothes on my body. For a split second I was confused until I felt a warm body pressed to my side. When I turned I saw Austin’s handsome face smiling down at me. “Morning, sleepyhead,” he said, lightly, which made my stomach erupt in butterflies.