•Little Bastard•

Well after over an hour of walking I'm finally here. By here I mean standing in front of the big gates of Graceland. It's decorated with musical notes. I try to calm my breathing as my eyes skim over it, taking in every last detail. I feel a chill in the air and shudder. Then a deep voice brings me back to reality.

"What can I do for you little girl? Mr. Presley is very busy today, no autographs." I look in the direction of where the voice came from, it's a security guard. Despite his deep voice, he has a seemingly warm expression on his face. "O-oh. I'm sorry sir. I'm not here for an autograph. I-I actually have to talk to Mr. Presley about something." "Okay let me call up to the house and try to get ahold of him. Like I said he's very busy today, with his daughter Lisa Marie." I flinch. Lisa Marie? Daughter? He has a daughter. I can't believe this, he surely won't want anything to do with me. Maybe Mama was right. I really am a mistake aren't I? My vision starts to blur. I suddenly feel myself starting to sweat. I'm dizzy again and I do not feel good. I hear the guard on the phone with someone. I focus back onto him once I hear him saying bye. "Well Miss—?" "Audrey Jones" "Right, Miss Jones. The Colonel Mr. Parker said Mr. Presley is far too busy right now for fans. He said he's on his way out here to speak with you now." Oh no, not The Colonel. I remember that name from the letters my Mama wrote. He threatened Mama when she came to speak to Elvis. This can't be good. I suddenly feel nauseous. "Miss Jones? Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." I gulp. I can't speak so I nod my head. Maybe I should make a run for it. As I turn around to leave I hear the screeching of brakes. I feel my breath hitch in my throat and my eyes widen.

"Excuse me Miss?" I slowly turn around and there he stands. Cigar in mouth, angry expression on his face. "Who are you and what do you want with Mr. Presley?" "I-I n-needed to talk to him about something. A personal matter." "Right, how old are you?" "I'm 11 years old sir." "And your name is?" "A-Audrey. Audrey Jones."

He looks confused for a second. Like he's trying to remember something. Then a look of realization comes over his face, and his expression hardens. "Jones? As in, Carolyn Ann Jones?" "Y-yes sir." I hear him quietly curse under his breath. "I told that little tramp to never come back here or try to contact Mr. Presley again. And I meant the same for you. How did you find out about all of this?" "I found my birth certificate. I saw Elvis' name on it. I just wanted to come talk to him." "How much money do you want huh? How much will it take for you and your tramp of a mother to stay away from Mr. Presley for good little bastard?"

I feel anger shoot through me, and for the first time in my life, I feel myself speak up. "First off I have a name it's Audrey. I'm not 'little bastard' that's the name of James Deans car." I hear the guard laugh from a few feet away. I was unaware he was listening. "And secondly I don't want any money, I just want to speak to my father." I hear as gasp from the guard. Then I hear the hum of another golf cart that's about to approach the gate. But I don't look to see who's inside. I feel myself starting to sweat even harder. My vision is getting blurrier by the second. My hand is throbbing even more. My blood is rushing and I can feel my heartbeat in my head. The Colonel steps dangerously close to me. He towers over my 5 foot frame. I have to look up to see in his eyes. The stench of Cigars fill my nose. I look up into his eyes and I flinch. I've never seen so much anger. If looks could kill I'd definitely be dead. All my confidence and anger is replaced with fear and pain. Fear of what he might do to me. Pain from the throbbing cuts on my hand and wrist. And a new pain - from The Colonel who's now gripping my already hurt hand tightly. I wince and tears run down my face. I hear the guard stepping closer trying to get the Colonel to release his grip from me. "Mr. Parker let her go, she doesn't look so good, you're hurting her." "Back up Mr. Jefferson or I'll have you fired." He grips my arm even tighter. I cry out in pain. I feel myself starting to fade out of consciousness. I know if it weren't for his grip I'd be laying on the ground. Suddenly I hear screeching brakes and footsteps. But Colonel's eyes stay fixed on mine.

"Colonel, let her go!" I hear a stern voice. It sounds familiar. It's him. I feel his hold release from me in an instant and he jumps back. Not even a second later I feel myself hit the ground hard and then everything goes black.

A/N Sorry if this chapter isn't great. I promise there will be more Elvis in the next chapter. It's going to be the big one where Audrey finally meets him. Thanks to anyone who's reading and voting. It means a lot. I hope everyone has a great Sunday! ☺️🖤