• A Presley Halloween •

October 31, 1968

(Audrey's POV)

It's finally Halloween! This year it's special because it's Lisa Marie's first Halloween. And it's my first time celebrating Halloween as a Presley. Mama never was into holidays after her Mama and Daddy died so we didn't celebrate.

Daddy and Cilla took me and Lisa Marie shopping a couple of days ago to get costumes. I decided to be Snow White. Lisa Marie is going as a bumble bee. Cilla and Daddy are dressing up as some famous couple. We also got all kinds of decorations to put up around Graceland. That's how we spent most of the morning, decorating. And the house looks great. Since Daddy and Cilla are dressing up we're hoping we'll be able to go trick-or-treating without anyone recognizing us. It's probably going to be a little difficult though because things are even more hectic since the media found out Elvis Presley the King of Rock 'n Roll, has another daughter. Daddy said we'll have to do some type of press related announcement soon.

Right now we just got finished decorating. It's 3:00. So we head into the kitchen to see what Mary is doing because we were so caught up in decorating the house we missed lunch. We walk in and Mary went all out. She's been baking all day. She made all kinds of spooky looking treats. She made brownies and decorated them. She made a Halloween themed cake. She was about to start decorating cookies that are shaped like pumpkins, ghosts, and skeletons when we walked in.

"Happy Halloween you two!" Mary shouts toward me and Elvis. Then she makes her way over to hug us.
"Happy Halloween." We say in unison.
"You really went all out didn't you, Mary?" Elvis asks while gesturing to all of the treats sitting in front of us.
"Nothing but the best for you Mr. Presley! You know that. Would you two like to help me decorate cookies?" She smiles.
"Can we Daddy?" I ask Elvis.
"Of course, honey."

We both sit down and start to frost the cookies. Then Cilla makes her way downstairs with an excited Lisa Marie in her arms.

"EL-VIS! AU-DI!" She squeals. We all laugh.
"Daddy, why does she call you Elvis?" I ask.
"I don't know! She always does that." He frowns.
"EL-VIS!" Lisa yells again while reaching for him.
"No Yisa, my name is Daddy. Say it with me baby, Da-ddy."
"EL-VIS."
Elvis curses under his breath before giving up.
"Yisa, do you wanna help me and EL-VIS decorate cookies?" I smirk towards Elvis.
"Co-okies!" Lisa yells while clapping her hands.

We sit down and just as I'm about to start decorating my cookie I feel a thick blob of frosting being wiped on my nose.
"HEY!" I look over to see Elvis with a black frosting colored finger, grinning at me.
"What?" He says as innocently as possible.
"Two can play this game." I mutter before smearing frosting between my two hands and cupping Elvis' cheeks. He gasps.
"You did NOT just do that." He glares.
"What?" I mock him while throwing him some puppy dog eyes and a pout.
"You're gonna regret that" he warns.

He was right, I definitely did. Because here we are one hour later and we're all three covered in orange, black, and white frosting. This is going to be a pain to clean up. Luckily Mary offers to clean up the kitchen.

"Elvis!" Cilla yells as she comes into the room.
"I just got Lisa Marie dressed and ready, now she's going to need another bath! You can give her a bath this time." She says frustrated.
"Alright Cilla, I'll do it. It's about time to get her in her costume anyways. Yisa baby, you ready for a bath?" Elvis says.
Lisa laughs and wraps her arm around Elvis' neck as he stands up.
"Come on Audi, lets go get cleaned up." He says as we all walk upstairs.

Elvis and Lisa headed to his room to get cleaned up while I headed to my room to get my costume and then to my bathroom to get a shower. After I get out I do my usual routine. Wrap my hair in a towel, dry off, apply lotion and deodorant, get dressed. Then I release my hair from the towel, apply some good smelling leave in, then blow dry my hair. Then I head to Elvis' room to see if they're done. When I get in there Lisa is already in her costume and sitting on the bed while Elvis is taking pictures of her.
"AU-DI!" Lisa yells when she sees me walk into the room.
"Yisa!" I return her excitement.
"Honey you look so beautiful in your costume!" Elvis says.
"Thanks Daddy. I-I was wondering, if Cilla will help me, can she do my hair and makeup?" I ask nervously.
"Yeah baby she's in the bathroom. Hey Cilla!" He yells. She comes out.
"Audrey was wondering if you could help her with her hair and makeup for her costume?" He says.
"Of course! I've been dying to do your hair!" She says excitedly before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the bathroom. She has me sit on the counter Indian style facing the mirror.
"Not much makeup though Cilla!" Elvis warns.

Cilla gets to work on my hair. She curls my hair perfectly then has me turn around while starts doing my makeup. I was starting to think I should've just asked Elvis to do my makeup though because he was basically breathing down Cilla's neck the whole time being his overprotective self saying things like:
"Thats too dark darling." or
"Honey, she's not a hooker!" or
"That's too much makeup, she's only 12!" and then my personal favorite.
"Son of a bitch Cilla, she's going out there to trick or treat not work the streets!" That line really made me giggle.

Cilla finally had enough and told him if he didn't sit down and shut up she'd put nair in his shampoo. That seemed to do the trick, although he still didn't leave the room. Instead he just sat down on the closed toilet lid eyes never leaving us. I could tell he was still bothered because he was bouncing his legs up and down impatiently while spinning his 'taking care of business' ring around his finger. Finally after about 20 minutes or so she was done. I look in the mirror and my hair is flowing down my back in perfect curls. My makeup is the perfect amount. I have eyeliner, mascara, blush, and some red lip stain on.

I play with Lisa Marie while they finish getting ready. Then of course Elvis wanted pictures of all of us. After that we finally head out and go trick or treating. We got lucky in the fact that no one seemed to notice who we were while we were out trick or treating. Elvis and Cilla were good at disguising themselves. We were only out for about half an hour before our pumpkins were both full and we had to head back to Graceland because Elvis was going to be hosting a Halloween party and it started at 8. We got back around 7:00. Elvis was busy running around making last minute preparations for the party. Me and Lisa Marie were sat watching a Halloween movie and eating candy. After a little bit Cilla comes in.
"Don't eat too much candy girls. I don't want you getting a stomach ache." She says before sitting down and joining us.
The movie we were watching ended so Cilla stood up.
"Come on girls, the party is going to start soon. We better get out there you know how your Daddy's temper, we don't want to be late."
She carries Lisa Marie and holds my hand with her free one. When we get out there Dad and the Mafia are sitting around talking and laughing.
"There's my beautiful ladies!" Elvis says while waving us over.
We go and sit down. I'm on his right side next to one of the Mafia guys, Lisa Marie is on his lap, and Cilla is on his left. They continue talking for a while longer and then guests start showing up.

It's now nearly midnight and the guests are all starting to leave. Elvis walked me around and introduced me to a lot of his friends. At one point he made me go upstairs and take off my makeup because one of his younger male guests that was probably about 16 tried to flirt with me which made Elvis furious. His overprotective side kicked in and he kicked the kid out, and asked me to go wash my makeup off because he was afraid people would think I'm older than I am. When I returned he didn't let me out of his sight for the rest of the night. A lot of girls my age would probably be annoyed but it doesn't bother me. I know he's just looking out for me and I'm grateful. Cilla had went and put Lisa Marie to bed right after the party started. Then she came back down and stayed for the rest of the party.

Once the party was over Elvis grabbed some carmel popcorn and Elvis, Cilla and I all watched some Halloween movies. Sometime later I ended up falling asleep. I woke up to Elvis shaking me and telling me to head upstairs and get ready for bed. He said he'd be up in 10 to tuck me in. I went upstairs and changed into pajamas, brushed my teeth, and went and climbed into bed. Sure enough Elvis came in right after that and tucked me in before wishing me a Happy Halloween and telling me goodnight. He kissed my forehead we said our I love you's and I was out like a light.