•Meeting Elvis 🖤•

I wake up to the sound of machines beeping. I try to open my eyes but as soon as I open them I close them back even quicker because of all the bright lights around me. Thats when I notice some hushed arguing a few feet away from me. I decide to keep my eyes shut and pretend to be sleeping so I can eavesdrop. I mean this doesn't really count as eavesdropping does it? If they're talking a few feet away from me loud enough that I can hear then I think that's it's fair game.

I recognize the voices as The Colonel - what's he doing here? I sigh internally. Then I hear the other voice, Elvis.
"What was she doing at Graceland Colonel?" Elvis asks.
"Just some crazy fan Mr. Presley. Let's go before she wakes up."
I feel anger starting to rise in me.
Just some fan? How can he lie like that? I already told him I just wanted to talk to Elvis. He is my father after all.
"That doesn't make any sense Colonel. Why on earth would you be gripping her arm so tight? She doesn't look like she could be older than 12. And look at that bruise on her arm from you. She's just a baby. A fragile looking one at that. She looks like she hasn't had a full meal in months. She's so pale. Her cheeks are sunken in. Why would you hurt her? I know you're lying about something. I want you to tell me the truth right now Parker. And just remember I know Mr. Jefferson witnessed the whole thing so don't bother lying to me. I will ask him what happened if I have too." Elvis is getting angrier as he goes on. "I told you Elvis. She's just some crazy fan. She was rambling on saying she wanted money."
That does it. I've had enough of him and his lies.

I feel myself raising up fast out of the bed I'm laying in. Regretting it immediately as my whole body aches. I wince. Their eyes shoot over to me. I look over to the Colonel, anger coursing through me. "How many times do I have to say I don't want money from you or Elvis? I told you I wanted a chance to talk to my FATHER!" Both of their eyes are as wide as saucers at this point.
"Little girl, you better stop lying about this right now. This is not a game. You could seriously damage Mr. Presley's career with your lies." Parker says through gritted teeth.
"You and I both know I'm not lying Colonel. You knew exactly who I was today as soon as I told you my name, you know you threatened my mom and sent her away all those years ago when she tried to contact Elvis. I have all the proof I need that Elvis is my father and that my mom tried several times to get in contact with him before you sent her away threatening to harm her and me."

My whole body is in pain but that doesn't stop me from getting out of the bed and heading to the chair nearby where my things somehow ended up. I grab out everything I need. The letters to Elvis, my birth certificate, old pictures of my mom. Not trusting the Colonel I walk over and hand them to Elvis. Who looks completely stunned by the events unfolding in front of him. I study his face as he looks at all the papers. I have his blue eyes, his hair, his sun kissed skin when mine is it's normal complexion and I'm not all sick and pale. I even have his plump lips. Its at this moment I realize I look nothing like my mother. I'm a spitting image of him. Not noticing it's been several minutes that he's been reading the papers and I've been staring at him. He completely surprises me when his beautiful blue eyes shoot up meeting mine. I notice he's crying and gasp when he grabs me and pulls me into a bone crushing hug. I cry out in pain and he apologizes. Probably remembering we're in a hospital and I'm in a lot of pain. He scoops me up and sets me back down onto the bed. He looks at my face for a few minutes like he's trying to remember every detail of it. Then his face hardens and I start to get scared. He turns around and looks at the Colonel who looks taken aback by his expression. "You knew?" Elvis growls and starts approaching him. "You knew about her since before she was born and you never told me?" "Elvis I-" "You KNEW about her before my Mama died! My Mama would have loved more than anything to have had the chance to meet one of my babies and BECAUSE OF YOU she missed out on that opportunity! When Mama died and I was falling apart you knew I had a baby out there and you still didn't tell me?! And not only did you NOT tell me about her you threatened to hurt her and her mother if they contacted me? Let me guess Parker. You did all of this so you could protect my image right? So I could make more money? So YOU could make more money? Well guess what Parker. You're going to regret all of this if it's the last thing I do. You're fired. And I'm going to do everything in my power to ruin your life and make sure you don't hurt another person as you have me. "You wouldn't dare Presley." "Listen here you no good low life son of a bitch you're LUCKY that's all I'm doing. After putting your grimy money hungry hands on my baby today I should rip your head off. Now get out of here before I change my mind. And you better hope I never see your face again Parker."

The Colonel never looked like much of a runner to me before, but with the way he ran out of there I swear he could have been an Olympic gold medalist.

Elvis paced around the room mumbling things to himself and breathing heavily. I could tell he was still angry. He was so caught up in what he was doing that he didn't notice me get up out of the bed and walk over to him until I grabbed his hand. He jumped a little in surprise. His face softened as he looked down at me. "Honey you need to stay in bed before you hurt yourself even more. You've been through a lot in the past few hours. You hit your head, you hand is infected from those deep cuts on it. You're very malnourished and dehydrated. The doctor is surprised you could even walk for more than a short distance. Let's get you back in bed." I nod as he picked me up again. No one ever lifts me and I'm glad for that because I'm always afraid I'll be too heavy. "Elvis you don't have to carry me, I know I'm heavy. I can walk back to bed" He sets me down on the bed and sits down next to me, looking me in the eyes. "Audrey where did you ever get an idea like that? You're underweight. You're light as a feather and actually quite sick from not eating."
"Mama always says I'm fat and need to lose weight. She says no one is ever going to want me and that Im just a huge mistake." "Oh baby I'm sorry about that. It's all my fault. I read the letters from your Mama. She's mad at me because she thinks I didn't want anything to do with you two. She's only trying to hurt you because she knows it'll hurt me. And it does hurt. It breaks my heart to know that you've been through all of this. To see you in pain, all frail and looking exhausted. But what your Mama doesn't know, is that the Colonel never told me about you. I would have been there if he had. I'm so sorry all of this happened. But I promise you baby girl I'll do everything I can to make sure nobody ever hurts you again." Ignoring the pain I launch myself into his lap and hold onto him as tight as I could. He wraps his protective arms around me and I cry into his chest. I cried for all the years I spent feeling unloved. All the years of abuse. All the years I spent lonely, crying myself to sleep. The years I spent wondering why I wasn't good enough. Why Mama didn't love me. Why nobody ever hugged me. I cried wishing all of those horrible memories and all the pain would be magically washed away but I know that they won't.

All I could do now was hope that this would be the turning point in my life. When things would finally start looking up for me. When someone would finally love me. All I could do was hope. Because at this point, hope was all I had left.

A/N - Two updates in one day 🤗 Hope you enjoy ☺️💗