• For The Good Times •

A/N Quarantine and boredom calls for yet another chapter! Hope you're all doing well and ENJOY!!

December 31, 1968

"I can't believe it's your birthday, Dean." I said after a what felt like an eternity of silence from Dean thanking me for making this the best birthday hes ever had. I honestly don't see how, I haven't done much...

Dean: "Yeah, it's too bad I wasn't born a few hours later, then I'd be a New Years baby!" We both continued to look up at the moon.

It's starting to get late, I lost track of how long we've been out here just talking and looking up at the sky. I swallow the lump in my throat, trying to work up the nerve to ask what I'm about to.

"H-hey Dean?" Damn, my stutter.

"Yes Audrey?" Either Dean is getting used to my stutter and just doesn't notice it anymore or he's being polite by not bringing it up. Whatever the reason, I sure am thankful.

"U-um. I jus- I was um, well...." I sigh. Take a deep breath in and then continue. "H-have you ever kissed anyone before?" I look down at my hands, suddenly overly interested in picking at my fingernails, anything to avoid eye contact.

He chuckles, "You mean other than my Mama?" He jokes.

I laugh, my cheeks starting to heat up. "Yes Dean! Other than your Mama, that doesn't count!"

"Well then no darlin' I can't say that I have." He smiles.

"Don't call me darlin'." I warn, pointing at him with my index finger. Trying to come off as intimidating but knowing I'm as lethal as a butterfly.

"Okay, okay. Put that thing away, we don't want anyone getting hurt." He teases.

A few more moments of silence pass. Then Dean decides to speak up.

"Have you?" He asks, not looking at me.

"Have I what?" I reply. I don't even know why I asked because I already know what hes referring to. Maybe I'm just buying myself some more time.

"Have you ever been kissed?" He looks into my eyes. My face heats up really quick and it stays that way for the entirety of our eye contacts as he awaits my answer.

"No, of course not. I've only just turned 12."

"That doesn't mean nothin'. Jerry and Henry both had their first kisses when they were 13. And Bethlynn and Christie were only 11 and 12 when they had theirs." Dean replies.

"Who are they?" I ask confused, not recognizing any of their names.

"My friends from school. Well Jerry and Henry are. Bethlynn and Jerry have been going together for a while. Since she was 12 and he was 13. And Henry and Christie have been going together since she was 11 and he was 13. I'm the oldest of all of us. Jerry won't be 14 for a couple more months." Dean says, seemingly proud that he's the oldest.

"So you're the oldest with the least experience?" I tease. Happy to knock him back down a few levels and off of his ego boosting train.

He glares at me then looks back at the sky. I see enough of his face to tell he's half smiling. "Y'know, it is New Years..." He trails off. "And neither of us have had our first kiss.."

"Just what are you hinting at Mr. Carter?" I fold my arms across my chest impatiently resting my weight on my left foot and looking up at him.

"Well," he takes a breath and releases it, standing up straight and turning to meet my gaze "I was just thinking, it's New Years, and no ones out here... Maybe we could be each others first kiss? I'm great at keeping secrets." He winks.